Can I Push My Wife's Wheelchair Up The Oasis Gangway At Port Canaveral

loudbmw

My wife broke her ankle 3 weeks ago during an Allure sailing and is in a leg cast. At debarkation, crew members were mandatory to push the ship provided wheelchair off due to the incline of the Port Everglades gangway.

We are boarding the Oasis in Port Canaveral in a little over a week and have our own wheelchair. Are the gangways in Port Canaveral less steep that Port Everglades so that crew member assistance is not required?

P.S. - we will have a doctor's note indicating that she is OK to travel. Thanks.

Lou

My wife is also in a wheelchair - has been for years so we have a lot of experience. Embarking in PC shouldn't be a problem for you. As long as you are physically able to push her up a sustained ramp. It has several switch-backs and is pretty easy to navigate. They won't require you to use their assistance. HOWEVER while on your cruise the ship WILL REQUIRE you to use their assistance getting on and off the ship at the ports you visit. When you return to PC you will be able to get off on your own or use assistance if you need it.

We were just on the Oasis (11/5 to 11/13) so this is current info.

My wife broke her ankle 3 weeks ago during an Allure sailing and is in a leg cast. At debarkation, crew members were mandatory to push the ship provided wheelchair off due to the incline of the Port Everglades gangway.

We are boarding the Oasis in Port Canaveral in a little over a week and have our own wheelchair. Are the gangways in Port Canaveral less steep that Port Everglades so that crew member assistance is not required?

P.S. - we will have a doctor's note indicating that she is OK to travel. Thanks.

Lou

I don't think they'll let you do it. An employee will assist

Lou

There are portions that you may, or may not, find difficult. But it will be better if you just get the assistance. It's part of their service.