?????Price Fluctuations?????

martyap

Possibly those who have more experience can explain why prices fluctuate almost daily. Two days ago I noticed that the cost of my balcony stateroom dropped about $200/cabin and RCCL adjusted my invoice. Yesterday the price shot back up about $300 for the same cabin......Tonight it dropped an additional $182/cabin below the price I had just received....Another call to RCCL, another adjustment........So in three days my total cost has gone down about $400. Is this normal? I can understand weekly price changes but this seems very strange.

Possibly those who have more experience can explain why prices fluctuate almost daily. Two days ago I noticed that the cost of my balcony stateroom dropped about $200/cabin and RCCL adjusted my invoice. Yesterday the price shot back up about $300 for the same cabin......Tonight it dropped an additional $182/cabin below the price I had just received....Another call to RCCL, another adjustment........So in three days my total cost has gone down about $400. Is this normal? I can understand weekly price changes but this seems very strange.

They have a computer program that looks at a number of factors and adjusts prices dynamically. Anything is normal anymore.

Would you ask that of plane ticket prices?

Plane tickets do fluctuate, as do hotel rooms, rental cars, etc. I've more thatn once, reserved a hotel or rental car and a few weeks later had the prices drop. It's just the way it is in a business with a perishable product.