CPAP info?

Clampram

Just speak with your room steward once onboard, they can source the cords you might need.

You might also consider purchasing a simple euro adapter, I use these to convert one of the bedside plugs. See pic.

It allows me to place the unit right next to the bed for convenience and eliminates the need for extension cord.

Adapters.jpg.fe455dd83c8be9a00904ad27fcf5bcd1.jpg

Edited by msw.delafield
spelling

If all you need is a simple extension cord, you can pick up something at your local Home Depot or Lowes to bring with you and not have to worry about getting one on board. Just make sure it is not a surge suppressor ... only an extension cord.

I always bring one in my carry on. It has multiple outlets at the other end and is great when I need to charge something at an airport charging station and it is full. I never have a problem asking someone to share their outlet with me and it also makes it easier to charge multiple devices when on board.

Edited by diane.in.ny

I've ordered distilled water for my CPAP on the website. Never received it on any cruise line, same with extension cords. Your steward will supply them if you request them.

I quit putting water in the CPAP when I travel now, and haven't noticed the difference. Before I stopped, I used tap water and doing that for a week to 12 days at a time didn't cause s problem. I keep an extension cord permanently in my CPAP case. I also wind one around the inside perimeter of a suitcase. It lives there and it has come in handy in hotels etc. and it's nit sit to be confiscated by over eager staff.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I've ordered distilled water for my CPAP on the website. Never received it on any cruise line, same with extension cords.

I quit putting water in the CPAP when I travel now, and haven't noticed the difference. Before I stopped, I used tap water and doing that for a week to 12 days at a time didn't cause s problem.

The tap water was fine. Just not for extended periods of time. The reason you use distilled water at home is to prevent mineral buildup. If you change your humidifier chamber every 6 months there wouldn't be much buildup anyway.

If you do get some mineral deposits from tap water, just use a strong solution of vinegar:water (maybe 6:1 instead of 3:1

According to what I have and heard, what the ships provide are orange industrial cords. Bulky and pretty much inflexible.

What I carry are standard white household extension cords. The kind with four places to plug into. I can charge my Kindle while I'm in bed reading. For anyone with a CPAP, traveling with an extension cord sure helps, especially in hotel rooms.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

It depends on which ship and what cabin. I personally know that on the Regal in a deluxe balcony room i had to use a 3' power strip and the CPAP has a 6' cord that goes to a power supply that then has a 3' cord to the machine. I had that stretched all across the room.

I also had a gallon of water waiting in the room. I checked the box in the guest check in under medical/dietary requirements.

No, you can't order an extension cord online. Yes, you can order distilled water online in your cruise personalizer. For an extension cord you have 3 options: 1) request one from your room Stewart once onboard. These tend to be 100' industrial type cords and needs to run from desk to your bed so it will do the trick but some people aren't crazy on this option.

2) bring your own cord that doesn't have a surge protector to run from the desk to your bed.

3) bring an adapter as there are European style outlets by the bed for the lamps. Most cpap machines have built in dual voltage converters (read the box that's part of the machine cord) so you just need an adapter not a converter eliminating the need for an extension cord.

Suggestion bring magnetic clips with you. The walls are magnetic so you can you magnetic clips to run the cord along the wall out of the way where it can't be tripped on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk