Had to laugh

EGG

Just got an email from RCCL. It said they were letting me in on a secret. For a limited time you could get half off the second person plus up to $100 on board credit.

Raise your hand if you think that this is is a secret or that 5 or so years is a limited time.

So here is my question. Who do they think they are kidding? They should save themselves some money and fire their whole marketing team.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Forums mobile app

Just got an email from RCCL. It said they were letting me in on a secret. For a limited time you could get half off the second person plus up to $100 on board credit.

Raise your hand if you think that this is is a secret or that 5 or so years is a limited time.

So here is my question. Who do they think they are kidding? They should save themselves some money and fire their whole marketing team.

Email campaigns are virtually cost neutral.

If they get 1-2 % of total emails sent that bite, it's found money. Other than graphics design, cost them nothing to send out a blast email.

Another nightmare of the interweb! [emoji4]

I deleted that email without even opening it. And then they sent it again. So annoying.

I agree that an ongoing 5 year sale is not a limited time, and also think a $100 OBC offer is not getting anyone to suddenly book a cruise on impulse.

Who are they kidding? Not me!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I deleted that email without even opening it. And then they sent it again. So annoying.

I agree that an ongoing 5 year sale is not a limited time, and also think a $100 OBC offer is not getting anyone to suddenly book a cruise on impulse.

Who are they kidding? Not me!

Especially since to give you that $100 OBC they raise the price at least $100!!

Why they don't simply increase the fare and advertise 2nd person cruises free. At least it would be something different.

Maybe just advertise a true fare. You know, a fare that does not require a complex algorithm to figure out the final cost.