Sydney-Hobart, Emerald Princess, questions review to follow

GUT2407

Sunday - At Sea

Well Captain was wrong the crossing was fine, it has been a bit overcast up the coast. But not a bad day.

Some outlet sales on and Mrs Gut picked up a few things for Christmas presents, using a little OBC up. And Gut splurged on a watch, I've seen it on shore for about $1,200-$1,500 last year on Diamond it was $1,100 two years ago on Celebrity about $1,500, because a Princess aren't carrying the brand anymore down to $199, but then half price.

We splurged at lunch and had asked at the IC, fish and chips at Pub Lunch and then up to Cafe Caribe (Australian Buffet today) for desert.

Need to get our bags packed, yuck.

Good score, particularly due to not being strictly duty free (Tassie cruise). Now that you have a new watch and pen, you have no excuse for being late or leaving a note for being late.:p

Congradulations on the watch. What a bargain and you must has been seriuosly interested in buying it to remember all the different prices for it or do you just have a photographic memory? :D

I love it when I find a bargain and it was something that I really wanted to buy before I saw the price.

Been looking at them for over two years on various cruises. And I have a reasonable memory.

Good score, particularly due to not being strictly duty free (Tassie cruise). Now that you have a new watch and pen, you have no excuse for being late or leaving a note for being late.:p

Never had a watch or a pen before.

On the main board there is a Ruby thread which mentions that embarkation lunch in the MDR was restricted to Club Class passengers only.

Strictly enforced.

Did anyone on the Dec 12th Emerald sailing notice this ?

MDR had a Wonan's Weekly (or one of those magazines) lunch.

One of the others, (Michelangelo I think) was open.

We weren't in Club Class, but were told lunch was available there or Horizontal Court, so I assume everyone.

Oh dear, some Americanisms coming in Mr Gut, 'Horizontal Court ?' How were the 'Stewarts' lol.

You need to speak the Queens English, posh like on QM2 !! lol.

Edited by NSWP

Oh dear, some Americanisms coming in Mr Gut, 'Horizontal Court ?' How were the 'Stewarts' lol.

You need to speak the Queens English, posh like on QM2 !! lol.

Horizontal Court uncle Les, because I come back wider on the horizontal measurement:D.

Someone said to me not long ago "Don't you know the Queen's English".

My reply "Of course the Old Dear is... did you think she was a Yank or Frog or something?"

They seemed very confused.