Live from SD 2 ... Part 2!

DisneyJen

Congrats on the upgrade Bill! Flying first class is a great way to start your cruise.

I just popped back to the room to check things out and cool off a little bit. The weather is very warm today with a light breeze. Seas remain calm and Capt. T reported that they should remain this way the rest of the way into Virgin Gorda tomorrow.

Martain and Rickson just came around the Bali beds and Top of the Yacht with a little pizza treat and spicy Bloody Marys. Earlier someone, I can't recall his name, came around with cold scented washclothes for us to use to cool down.

Another fun things today ... Capt. T made the announcement that he was going to turn the ship around and stop it so that the photo for the SD 2 Christmas card could be taken. And guess who was there to take one of the official photos ... our very own Ctbjr. We'll have to see how the photo turns out:p

Have a great trip to STT Bill and Kaliks!

I'm not Disney Jen but best wishes to both couples for a wonderful trip down to STT and a great cruise. The crew is hitting on all cylinders and the yacht looks beautiful. Wish we were joining you rather than travelling home, but there's always the next cruise.

By my calculations its almost time for the gang on board to wake up and prepare for customs.

Would love to hear if our government officials show up on the scheduled time or as in our last St. Thomas trip, tell everyone they will be there at 7:30 but don't arrive until almost 9? :confused:

If you guys log in before departing, please congratulate Eric on his promotion to head bartender (though I hope this means I won't lose him as primary champagne overseer - the young man kept my glass full, even bringing me an unrequested (but very much appreciated) glass of champagne while I was watching "The March of the Penguins" in the Main Lounge and he had pool bar duty).:D

I'm still in withdrawal symptons (no one here has responded to my "please make up room" request, much less delivering my tea with two lemons and glass of sparkling water at breakfast) so until next April . . .

FT

We're awake and heading for the airport in a few minutes. Customs and Immigration requested our presence at 6:30 AM (ugh) and were there on time. Now we get to go through the drill all over again at the airport.

DJ, on the other hand, has gone back to bed. Ah, the joy of staying in STT for a couple of days before going home.

If we see Eric on the way out, we will give him your message. Now, it's off to the airport. Let the withdrawal symptoms begin.!!

P.S. We'll now be looking forward to Part 3 of the Live from Sea Dream thread!! You're on guys.

Greetings all!

Dh and I are in "our" room at Mariott Morningstar ... the same room we had last year pre cruise. DH is happy watching football and drinking champagne while I am drinking champage and having FAST wireless internet access!

We met up with the Kaliks and wulicny at Glady's for lunch. We then used Elvis (Thanks Ctbjr!) to take the wulicny to get their luggage at Crystal Palace and then the Kaliks at the Holiday Inn and then off to Crown Bay Marina. Our favorite security office (Shame on me as I never remember his name) told us to go on and head up the gangway where we requested permission from the Master to board. Capt. T was glad to see us as we made introductions all around. Oh how I wanted to stay but DH dragged me off ... and I had tears in my eyes for the second time today!

We did go back to bed after the 6:30 command performance. We slept until 8 then showered, finished packing and headed for our last breakfast. We were the only ones in Topsiders at 9 ... and we did have an enjoyable breakfast!

This vacation was incredible ... and we are already talking about our next SD adventure.

Hope you arrived home safely Ctbjr and DW!

Bon Voyage Kaliks and wulicny! We will be looking for part 3!

DJ, FT, et. al. -- I've so enjoyed your posts!! I'll be on SD2 in just 55 days!! Will the same captain and crew be doing the RT from Barbados? If so, maybe Kaliks and wulicny can tell them we're coming. . . and to have lots of champagne :)

Look forward to Part 3 -- by the time we board, we should be up to Part 10 or 11 at least!

Enjoy!

Vandrefalk

We call it keeping the dream alive Vandrefalk!

I think Capt. T may be on board ... but rest assured you will have wonderful trip. I believe that Ctbjr may know Capt. T's schedule ... if not he will know how to find out:D All of the staff and crew are wonderful. And trust me, your champagne glass will never be empty.

Wulicny promised me that he will start part 3! I suspect right now he is busy at the Captain's welcome reception.

As for DH and me ... we watched 3 ships sail out of Havensight on STT ... while eating cheeseburgers and drinking beer. A far cry from last Sunday:o

Vandrefalk, I believe that Capt. Tysse goes home on Jan. 15 so if I am reading the schedule correctly yours is on Jan. 8 and you'll have the benefit of sending him off on vacation in high style.

Some of the others on the crew will be the same and others will be different but you can rest assured that it will be a great crew, you'll have a wonderful experience and they WON'T run out of champagne. Interestingly enough, I thought that there was a possibility of that happening yesterday during the Beach Party at Prickly Pear but fortunately it didn't happen.

Archived