Carnival..PLEASE STOP!!

AnitaVacation

In the past 2 months, we have gotten no less than 60 messages from MATTHEW, A PERSONAL CRUISE CONSULTANT at CCL....it's almost a daily message on my machine when I get home from work....and I gotta tell ya, it's starting to get pretty annoying....

When we book a cruise, we usually use our regular travel agent or just book it directly on their website...

We have never returned 'Matthew's' calls....and never will....he has annoyed me to the point that I would never do business with him....

Does anyone else get these calls??

(and yes, I am about to shoot a message to Carnvial about their marketing practices)

If you don't tell them to stop, how will they know? By not returning his phone call to tell him to buzz off, he'll keep calling.

Posting here asking them to stop will do you absolutely no good since they have no way to know who you are.

You've aggravated only yourself.

Interestingly enough, with a couple dozen cruises under my belt with Carnival, I have never gotten a single cold sales call. You must be incredibly special to warrant such attention.

I am researching cruises for next year with NCL, RCCL, and CCL, and every time I go on CCL's website within a day I get a phone message from a PCC, no emails. What gets me is I already use a PCC from them and these calls are not from him. Now with NCL and RCCL I receive neither a phone call or email, other than an email saying I haven't completed my purchase and it will be lost in 24 hours, then that's it no more contact.

I book myself through a private website or directly on Carnival's site. For our upcoming trip in December, Carnival must have noticed activity on my online profile so they called me to book with them over the phone. I was actually going through the motions with the agent until we got to cost and I told him that I already knew I could get the entire trip a lot cheaper on my own privately. It got to a point I was so turned off by him as he was extremely pushy, trying to convince me that it was somehow worth paying the extra and booking with him. I told him to scrap the whole thing and I'd just go back to booking on my own, which I did and happily saved myself a ton of money in the process.

I've used a TA for every one of my Carnival cruises, and still got the calls. Each time I looked at something on the website, it generated a call.

Roz

I hope you notified them. I'm not sure why some get phone calls and others don't. I visit the website quite a bit also, and still don't get calls. My TA info is on their website, so not sure if that makes a difference.

In the past 2 months, we have gotten no less than 60 messages from MATTHEW, A PERSONAL CRUISE CONSULTANT at CCL....it's almost a daily message on my machine when I get home from work....and I gotta tell ya, it's starting to get pretty annoying....

When we book a cruise, we usually use our regular travel agent or just book it directly on their website...

We have never returned 'Matthew's' calls....and never will....he has annoyed me to the point that I would never do business with him....

(and yes, I am about to shoot a message to Carnvial about their marketing practices)

I always put my previous employers phone number on Carnival.com so they can't get me, but remind my previous employer that I'm no longer there.

I have booked cruises directly on the website and I now have a PVP whom I have used for my last three cruises, go on the website for some sort of info every few days and have never received a cold call from Carnival. DOn't know why some get calls and others never do.

I book myself through a private website or directly on Carnival's site. For our upcoming trip in December, Carnival must have noticed activity on my online profile so they called me to book with them over the phone. I was actually going through the motions with the agent until we got to cost and I told him that I already knew I could get the entire trip a lot cheaper on my own privately. It got to a point I was so turned off by him as he was extremely pushy, trying to convince me that it was somehow worth paying the extra and booking with him. I told him to scrap the whole thing and I'd just go back to booking on my own, which I did and happily saved myself a ton of money in the process.

Wow, Let us in on your Secret..Please......I would love to know how you are saving "Myself a ton of Money in the Process" by booking on your own. Any new ideas would be Great!!

Michael

I started getting calls from my PVP when I was researching itineraries and prices on Carnival's website. As soon as I called my PVP backed and explained what I was doing and I wasn't ready to book, he left me alone. I finally booked last week and I called my PVP to book since he honored my wishes and left me alone until I was ready.

We were getting them constantly. I then booked another cruise on the website and needed some info on something. I called Vanessa, my personal vacation planner, to ask her a question and she advised because I booked it myself she was unable to assist. She hasn't called back since.

:mad:

If you don't tell them to stop, how will they know? By not returning his phone call to tell him to buzz off, he'll keep calling.

Posting here asking them to stop will do you absolutely no good since they have no way to know who you are.

You've aggravated only yourself.

Interestingly enough, with a couple dozen cruises under my belt with Carnival, I have never gotten a single cold sales call. You must be incredibly special to warrant such attention.

#1. He calls during the day, while we are at work....and by the time I get I home, make dinner, etc, I do not feel like calling him back to tell him not to call me anymore....

#2. The number of calls is excessive....looking at my caller id, there are 5 calls from CCL in a 10 day span.....same guy everytime...

#3. I posted it here because I was interested to know how many others are being bombarded with these sales calls....(I don't actually believe that posting here will make them stop)

#4. I also have a 'couple dozen' cruises under my belt...not all with CCL, but our history shows atleast one or two cruises with CCL each year for the past 7 years....

#5. I'm sorry that you have not received a single cold call from CCL...like you said, I must be incredibly special....

I always put my previous employers phone number on Carnival.com so they can't get me, but remind my previous employer that I'm no longer there.

LOL...I should change my profile phone number to one of those $2.95/min girlie phone lines (do they still have those?)....:p

There is a very easy way to make it stop. Just call the number when you get home from work. He probably won't be there but he will have a voicemail so you can leave a message. Just tell him that you use a travel agent and he will stop calling you. They can actually get disciplined/fired if they keep calling you after that point.