What to do for day with 12 & 6 year old?

Rln12280

If your children are interested in animals, I recommend Daniel Johnson. You can go to his place and hold his monkeys and sloths. He's great, it's educational and a really fun day. The sloths are very interesting.

Edited by _beachgirl_

you will be docking at Mahogany Bay. Beach and loungers right there. There will be a charge for some items, but no reservations, no excursions, are needed to enter. loungers are free. Water is calm and shallow. there's a zip line directly across the road from the port shopping.

If you'd like to see the island and many of the better beaches or sites, then in addition to David Johnson, Rony of Rony's Tours and Victor Bodden both operate tours and both visit animals or can arrange zip lining at other venues.

Zip lining is good in Roatan.

I really recommend a private tour with Ronystours.com. Rony is a great guy. We just spent the day with him 2 weeks ago. My 12 yr old daughter just loves playing with the monkeys. We also got some adorable pics of her holding a sloth. The zipline is super fun! The beaches in West Bay are gorgeous. We have been to Mahogany Bay 3 times. It is nice, but doesn't compare to West Bay. If your budget allows - I'd definitely explore this beautiful island. Rony will work totally on your schedule. You come at go at any sight when you choose. We've toured with him many time - fabulous every time!