Seat assignments

princess12

Elite FF status usually guarantees bulkhead or exit row seating. You can't do it at check-in. Once it is turned over to the gate agents, then you can ask for bulkhead or exit row seating. Once in a great while, you can pick "the good" seats when you book, but if an elite FF wants those seats at checkin, you can be booted.

Are you using cruise air, or did you book your own? If you booked your own, I agree with greatam. But, if you booked through the cruise line, you usually don’t find out what flight you’re on until you get you’re documents. By that time, most of the choice seats have already been reserved by other airline passengers.

Good luck.

The bulk heads are usually kept for babies and handicaped people and the exit rows they have to see if you are capable of getting the doors open in case of emergency.

You could call the airline and explain your situation or you just have to take your chances with gate attendant.

Once onboard you can ask the purser to move you if seats are available.

My last cruise I was one of the first people to check in for my flight. When checking in I asked to be moved out of the middle seats at the back of the aircraft that I was assigned to. They put me in the bulkhead on both legs of my flights.

So to get bulkhead or exit row, I would recommend checking in for your flight as early as possible and instead of using one of the self check kiosks check in with the actual agents. They can make things happen for you especially if you are reasonable with your request.

• 2 weeks later...

Find out what type of equipment your flight might have then go to seatguru.com. You can find the goo, bad and ugly about each seat on the plane. FWIW Jet blue from rows ??18 maybe 13...has a 34" pitch which is pretty darn good. Bulkhead seats restrict underseat stowage and the built in trays narrow the seating area. Have fun. I just did our selections for South America and we had originally been put in a "red" seat, but now we are in great shape.

By the way some aisle seats have some equipment under them which limits leg room.

Blessings,

Gail

Archived