CPAP machine

must2cruz

My wife uses a CPAP at night. It will not be a problem to bring the machine on the ship. However, does anyone have ideas on how she bring on the required distilled water for the CPAP? Cruising out of San Juan in Feb 2017. I'm sure some of our fellow cruises have experience with this. Thanks in advance for your help.

My wife uses a CPAP at night. It will not be a problem to bring the machine on the ship. However, does anyone have ideas on how she bring on the required distilled water for the CPAP? Cruising out of San Juan in Feb 2017. I'm sure some of our fellow cruises have experience with this. Thanks in advance for your help.

Distilled water is furnished at N/C upon request.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Contact [noparse]special_needs@rccl.com[/noparse] to arrange for distilled water and an extension cord.

I called C&A and asked what if any problems bringing my wife's CPAP machine. They told me no problem as they would note in our records and also told me that they would provide the distilled water and an extension cord. When we went to our cabin, there was an extension cord and the distilled water. The C&A rep. also put in notice in our future cruise records as I did not have to call them again. Noticed the item in our upcoming Navigator cruise in Feb. '17.

Ps. Did not need the extension cord and the outlets on the Anthem was near the bed.

We were on Liberty last week. Had our booking noted that my husband had a cpap. They had the note on there and advised extension cord and distilled water would be provided at no cost.

When we got onboard nothing in the room at embark. Waited til that evening and still nothing. Went to guest services and they called and said the ship was out of extension cords. Pushing a little more and reminding that this was NECESSARY and confirmed that it would be provided they called whoever again and had one but it was roughly 20-30 feet long and they were concerned about us tripping, etc. We mentioned we could easily run it under the bed and it would be fine. We're both in our 30's and smart enough to not trip over a bright orange extension cord. Water was provided with no issue.

Have had it in the room, have had it missing at embarkation. Talked with room attendant and it was taken care of for us.

I've used bottled water on vacation from time to time, when distilled isn't available.

Lots of great info above. Emailing is a great idea. Our TA (our DD), has it listed on our reservation. Hoping it will be enough, but not worried about it... confidence in our room attendant. :)

If an extension cord is necessary and it's not in the stateroom when I arrive, I mention it to the cabin steward when he makes the rounds before dinner. If you haven't seen your steward when you are leaving for the evening, leave a note. They will get one for you.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

My CPAP requirements must be different as I was informed by my Respiratory Therapist that I only need to use the humidifier when the relative humidity is real low. Being on a cruise ship has enough moisture in the air so I don't need the distilled water. I also bring a small 12 foot extension cord because I heard one person ended up with a 100 foot cord from the ship that they had to stow under the bed during the day.

I always have an extension cord packed with my cpap as I almost always need it for the hotel room the night before the cruise.

As I'm new to RCCL (not to cruising!), does the line allow passengers to bring their own extension cord as long as it does NOT have surge protection?? I certainly wouldn't want it confiscated! (And apologies for the thread 'highjack' but as this is a related question, I hope no one minds)

I always have an extension cord packed with my cpap as I almost always need it for the hotel room the night before the cruise.

As I'm new to RCCL (not to cruising!), does the line allow passengers to bring their own extension cord as long as it does NOT have surge protection?? I certainly wouldn't want it confiscated! (And apologies for the thread 'highjack' but as this is a related question, I hope no one minds)

everything I've seen says no you can't, but also says let them know at least 30 days ahead and they confirm one for you and distilled water... As I mentioned we had a minor issue but it was fixed as best they could. I would expect based on pre-cruise literature that it would be confiscated

... As I'm new to RCCL (not to cruising!), does the line allow passengers to bring their own extension cord as long as it does NOT have surge protection?? I certainly wouldn't want it confiscated! (And apologies for the thread 'highjack' but as this is a related question, I hope no one minds)

Extension cords are on the prohibited list, though some people report being able to bring them.

Thank you InTheWASide and clarea for the quick replies regarding extension cord for cpap.

As my Liberty cruise isn't until Sep 2017 and I have a different cruise scheduled in <2 months, I haven't done all my Liberty homework yet...but obviously I'm reading the board to learn a few things! I will get around to reviewing the cruise contract to make sure I don't try to bring things on this line that are prohibited even if I can carry them aboard on other lines.

Again: thank you!