GSC is open

Mr Six

It was my first time there, on previous trips it has been canceled due to high waves. The tenders were very rough. The water is beautiful, but although they have enough space for a 4000 passenger ship they don't have the resources to keep lines moving and the chair hogs all did their thing within the first 15 minutes

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

According to the terms it says yes, when in certain ports though they make you sign a receipt because the local government collects a sales tax for the privilege of passing through. GSC was one where this happened but not on the ship once we returned and we were still anchored there.

According to the terms it says yes, when in certain ports though they make you sign a receipt because the local government collects a sales tax for the privilege of passing through. GSC was one where this happened but not on the ship once we returned and we were still anchored there.

We were there Sunday and never signed for a drink. Maybe it was an error on NCL since we were the first ship in simce they reopened.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Forums mobile app

On the same Breakaway sailing right now. GSC was great. Just a slice of paradise even with the sprinkles we got here and there. To the other poster that asked, still lots of construction going on it appears but it didn't interfere at all with the main areas of the island.

Edited by jints07
Grammar

There was one report earlier this week that the renovations included the construction of a dock. This seems unlikely as no-one else has mentioned it at all. Any truth to that or are they still tendering?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have no idea if a dock is in the works, but we used the very shaky tenders. As we approached it seemed like the water depth was not deep, so I wonder if it's even possible?

There was one report earlier this week that the renovations included the construction of a dock. This seems unlikely as no-one else has mentioned it at all. Any truth to that or are they still tendering?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think a dock is planned.

I don't think a dock is planned.

It's been discussed here on CC many times and the practical summary is no, not feasible - for multitude of reasons: financial, logistical, environmental and operational reasons.

Old-timers surely remember the days (early 2000's) where the tender would come as close to the rocky beach area as possible, lower the front landing deck/platform and one would step down into the waterfront for that last few steps ... while getting wet (unless you are wearing shorts and/or roll up your pants & prepared with beach footwear, etc.) to make your way onto the island - before the "current" tender piers were built.

Any words/news/pictures of the lagoon & lesser used area on the far side of GSC, it's a nice hideaway with the free tram ride over & back ... once tendered ashore, of course. Although, we aren't going to make the island stop anytime soon.

Edited by mking8288

Tendered from the breakaway yesterday. The process was terrible. Showed up on time for my tender ticket, and it took almost 2 hours to get to the island . 30 minutes waiting in Line , then 50 minutes holding in the theater, and the rest was the actual tender process.

It was about an hour end to end to get back . Island is fine, but would probably stay on the ship than do that again.

Btw if you have a beverage package you must pay tax . I got a soda water and it was 20 cents. Water is only available for free at the buffet..

Yeah I've only tended before once on celebrity and it was so much better. You hung around the ship doing whatever you wanted until your boarding number was called and then you left. Here they make the entire ship wait in lines and the theater ? No idea why they would do that but I digress:

We were there yesterday with the Epic. We waited until 9am to go down to the theater waited about 10 mins then they took us to the tender. It hold 450 passengers. We rented 2 clam shells for 7 of us which worked out fine. We were right next to the bar (I only had to sign for our 1st round of drinks until they had the bar all set up)

cbe19e9970ba3c3443f82252d297b72f.jpg

a7ecc11ea5eace322c0a3d4be4499152.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900P using Forums mobile app

We were there yesterday with the Epic. We waited until 9am to go down to the theater waited about 10 mins then they took us to the tender. It hold 450 passengers. We rented 2 clam shells for 7 of us which worked out fine. We were right next to the bar (I only had to sign for our 1st round of drinks until they had the bar all set up)

cbe19e9970ba3c3443f82252d297b72f.jpg

a7ecc11ea5eace322c0a3d4be4499152.jpg

Many people sitting on the sand was there a shortage of chairs?

How did you rent the clamshells?