crownbay to heavensite walkable?

MNice99

HI,

We are cruising on the allure in February, It seams from reading some the posts that the better shopping as well as the tram to paradise point is at heavensite, can you walk between the two ports? or is there a shuttle by chance that goes between?

Here is our plan for st. Thomas we are docked from 10:00 until 7:00. We would like to go to coral world/koki beach for a few hours. Then work our way back, to take the tram ride to paradise point and finally do a little shopping before heading back to ship.

I assume we can get a cab to coral world and then cab back to heavensite, I'm just wondering do I need to pay for yet another cab to get the crown bay port? also how much time do I need to allow to get there?

thanks

Jay

Yes you will need to taxi between Crown Bay and Havensight and the Paradise Point tram. As this map shows the two ports are on either side of Charlotte Amalie.

http://www.virginislandsthisweek.com/st-thomas/maps/st-thomas-island-road-map.html

You have plenty of time to taxi to Coki, then back to the PP tram to spend a little time at PP, and then back to the ship.

Edited by blue_water
Typo

HI,

We are cruising on the allure in February, It seams from reading some the posts that the better shopping as well as the tram to paradise point is at heavensite, can you walk between the two ports? or is there a shuttle by chance that goes between?

Here is our plan for st. Thomas we are docked from 10:00 until 7:00. We would like to go to coral world/koki beach for a few hours. Then work our way back, to take the tram ride to paradise point and finally do a little shopping before heading back to ship.

I assume we can get a cab to coral world and then cab back to heavensite, I'm just wondering do I need to pay for yet another cab to get the crown bay port? also how much time do I need to allow to get there?

thanks

Jay

Just a personal experience...Since you're docking in Crown Bay...unless there is a ship docking in Havensight the shops are basically closed. We love Havensight and last time on Oasis docking at Crown Bay...we decided to taxi to Havensight...big mistake it was closed (we were the only ship docking in St Thomas that day) we had no idea of this fact....So FYI ;)

Main Street has a lot of shopping too and it would seem way more convenient for you to go there instead of making your stop at Havensight. Just a thought.

Anyway, enjoy your trip!

Agree, best shopping is in town. Havensight is also nice but it's main draw is its convenience for cruisers docked there.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

MNice, you might be better off taking a tour that includes Coki Beach stop for a few hours. The tour price would include pick up at your dock, shopping in town, narrated island tour, beach stop, and transportation back to your ship.

Very few of the standard tours include Paradise Point, but if your group consists of at least 4, you should be able to reserve a private tour that could include Paradise Point (the taxi would drive you up instead of you taking the tram). Your current plan would involve taxi to Coki ($12 per person each way), taxi to Havensight from Coki ($10 per person), taxi to town ($4 per person) taxi back to ship ($4 per person).

A private tour for 4 would be approximately $45 per person.

If you take a non private group tour, you probably won't go up Paradise Point, but you'll have other great photo ops on the tour.

MNice, you might be better off taking a tour that includes Coki Beach stop for a few hours. The tour price would include pick up at your dock, shopping in town, narrated island tour, beach stop, and transportation back to your ship.

Very few of the standard tours include Paradise Point, but if your group consists of at least 4, you should be able to reserve a private tour that could include Paradise Point (the taxi would drive you up instead of you taking the tram). Your current plan would involve taxi to Coki ($12 per person each way), taxi to Havensight from Coki ($10 per person), taxi to town ($4 per person) taxi back to ship ($4 per person).

A private tour for 4 would be approximately $45 per person.

If you take a non private group tour, you probably won't go up Paradise Point, but you'll have other great photo ops on the tour.

So the cost on the taxis you quoted are 12+10+4+4=30.00pp

Although a private tour even at $45.00pp would be nice to not have to find a cab.

Either way it would be x4 so looking at 120.00 to 180.00 total for a family of 4.

So another question what are the odds of renting a car for the day? does anyone know if there is a car rental place near the crown bay port?