Changes to Grand Suites on Allure?

rkkunk

Did they change the GS on Allure to have the wall in between the bedroom and living room areas?

Just looking at floor plans for suites and on the GS for Oasis class ships it says these rooms ( the ones with the wall) will be available in May on Oasis and June on the Allure.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

If they put the wall up, will there be 2 tvs ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Kathie, I am assuming that if they put the wall in, that there would be the 2 tv's.

I am personally torn. The room is nice and big as it is on the Allure and Oasis. Just wondering if we would like the wall or not.

That is a real disappointment if they are planning to do that. We typically sail in grand suites and love the openness of it. We sailed Anthem which has the divided room (and yes there are 2 TVs) and it felt so cramped. We had to move the coffee table onto the patio just to free up some walking space. It was a very awkward set up. I guess if you had a third person in the room it would be convenient but I think most travelers in grand suites are twos.

Kathie, I am assuming that if they put the wall in, that there would be the 2 tv's.

I am personally torn. The room is nice and big as it is on the Allure and Oasis. Just wondering if we would like the wall or not.

Edited by Kathie13

Sorry having trouble!! I agree with both of the replies. I like it just the way it is. No wall. There are three of us, and we enjoy the openness of the grand suite. Please don't wall us up!

Did they change the GS on Allure to have the wall in between the bedroom and living room areas?

Just looking at floor plans for suites and on the GS for Oasis class ships it says these rooms ( the ones with the wall) will be available in May on Oasis and June on the Allure.

Just off Allure. GS hasn't been changed. Can you post a link to what you're seeing? RCI website shows GS like pic below.

1758586836_AllureGS.jpg.33aaf719d052feaa021067ae9a0c5bc6.jpg

If you go to RC's website and look on the main page under Royal Suite Class. You can look at the suites that you can book and the GS in the Oasis class shows the wall in the room and under the explanation of the room in small print is where it said this room would be available in May and June 2016.

Looks like it didn't happen! That is good, but it sounds like maybe they are thinking about it.

If you go to RC's website and look on the main page under Royal Suite Class. You can look at the suites that you can book and the GS in the Oasis class shows the wall in the room and under the explanation of the room in small print is where it said this room would be available in May and June 2016.

Looks like it didn't happen! That is good, but it sounds like maybe they are thinking about it.

OK

After Oasis went to dry dock.

We booked 14730 as a GS.

Now it showing as an A4.

More money for a split room, now, it was ok, probably will never book again.

Could this be what we are seeing?

Safe travels.