Port of Baltimore to BWI

Essiesmom

Coming in on Carnival Pride on a Sunday (March 12). Considering flights on Southwest, would we be able to make a 12:25 flight, or is 4pm the better option? Of course, the earlier one is less expensive...EM

If I remember correctly the Pride docks around 9 am or so.

The ship must clear customs and get everything shore side ready so they can disembark passengers. I am it sure how long it takes before they alow departure.

The airport is only about a 20 minute ride from port.

A little tip since you are flying southwest many people go to the terminal A security line. You can go to your left as you enter terminal and use B or C terminal security line as they all interconnected past security . Usually a much shorter and quicker line.

Coming in on Carnival Pride on a Sunday (March 12). Considering flights on Southwest, would we be able to make a 12:25 flight, or is 4pm the better option? Of course, the earlier one is less expensive...EM

We just did this last week and had no trouble making our 12:30 flight. We did self assist [carry your own bags off the ship] and were in a taxi to the airport by 9:30. Of course the ship arrived on time so all went well. :)

The day we got on the ship, however, the Pride did not arrive in port until much later and we couldn't board until after 2:00 as it took that long to disembark all passengers. In this case we would have missed our flight on Southwest. :(

I guess it depends on how much you want to gamble on the ship arriving on time. We have done it 3 times now with good results...but you can't really be 100% sure.:confused:

Thanks. We do self debark, as we travel with carryons only. We also have Global Entry so should sail right through security. Can you give me an idea what the taxi costs? EM

Although not a limo we got a private car from drivers who stand just outside of the terminal. Much more comfortable ride and the cost was $40 plus tip.

From the airport to the cruise terminal it's a metered rate. From the cruise terminal to the airport it's a set rate. Approximately a 15 minute ride.:)

• 1 month later...

the pride is tricky. you definitely don't get off the ship as fast as you do when cruising out of Miami or Florida ports. even if you get in on time around 9-9:30 it seems like it takes a long time to start moving people off the ship. and then through immigration. on the 5 cruises i have been on out of Baltimore 1 didn't arrive into port until noon. and another of the cruises didn't arrive into port until 1:30. lots of people missed flights on those days.

Thanks. We do self debark, as we travel with carryons only. We also have Global Entry so should sail right through security. Can you give me an idea what the taxi costs? EM

Global entry will not speed up your customs clearance.You still must wait in line like everyone else

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app