VOOM...Is it Worth It

debs755

Sailing over the holidays next month. With several sea days, am on the fence as to whether or not to purchase the VOOM package. Be nice to be able to able to stay in contact with family during the holidays. Thoughts.....

Edited by debs755

It depends on the ship. Some ships have true Voom and some don't. We have great experiences on all of the Oasis Class ships but not on Indy. They actually refunded us it was so poor on Indy.

If you say what ship you are on you can get more accurate information.

Edited by A&L_Ont

I had it on the Grandeur and I was happy with it. I only had Surf and it wasn't as fast as internet at home, but it was OK for what I wanted. Even posted lots of pictures on Facebook. I'm getting it again for my 12 night cruise in 2 weeks.

Gwen

I am sailing on Grandeur in June thought about purchasing for my wife and 16yo granddaughter to keep up with their facebook postings......Did it also work for skyping or videochat...

I am sailing on Grandeur in June thought about purchasing for my wife and 16yo granddaughter to keep up with their facebook postings......Did it also work for skyping or videochat...

Sorry, I don't do either of those two things, so can't really say. I imagine if you got the Surf & Stream, it would work. But, maybe someone else can say for sure.

Gwen :)

It depends on the ship. Some ships have true Voom and some don't. We have great experiences on all of the Oasis Class ships but not on Indy. They actually refunded us it was so poor on Indy.

If you say what ship you are on you can get more accurate information.

did you have both surf and stream? we sail on saturday and purchased it for my daughter to keep up with her homework. i'm a little worried now...

thanks!

did you have both surf and stream? we sail on saturday and purchased it for my daughter to keep up with her homework. i'm a little worried now...

thanks!

We only purchase the surf and stream. On Indy I was lucky if I could even log on, let alone make it to the first webpage without stalling/crashing. On all Oasis Class ships I could watch YouTube, FaceTime, Periscope (like FB live), upload pictures etc

I hope this helps you out.

Edited by A&L_Ont

Sailing over the holidays next month. With several sea days, am on the fence as to whether or not to purchase the VOOM package. Be nice to be able to able to stay in contact with family during the holidays. Thoughts.....

It's the best so far.

We only purchase the surf and stream. On Indy I was lucky if I could even log on, let alone make it to the first webpage without stalling/crashing. On all Oasis Class ships I could watch YouTube, FaceTime, Periscope (like FB live), upload pictures etc

I hope this helps you out.

Andrew -

We got Voom free on Harmony with our suite. Is this part of the perks for Sky Class or is it free for suite guests on all ships with Voom?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Andrew -

We got Voom free on Harmony with our suite. Is this part of the perks for Sky Class or is it free for suite guests on all ships with Voom?

Free VOOM is a perk for Sky and Star Class (GS and better) suites on Quantum and Oasis class ships.

Andrew -

RSLeesburg, this perk is only on the Oasis and Quantum Class of ship and to specific cabins. As an FYI this benefit started in approx mid-May. If you are curious here is a link to the program. For us this was the best perk on our last cruise. I used it often. :D

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/royalsuiteclass

Edited by A&L_Ont

RSLeesburg, this perk is only on the Oasis and Quantum Class of ship and to specific cabins. As an FYI this benefit started in approx mid-May. If you are curious here is a link to the program. For us this was the best perk on our last cruise. I used it often. :D

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/royalsuiteclass

I agree. We have never purchased Internet before as I like to unplug completely. But when it was offered for free, we used it often and loved it. The other perk I loved was CK. Never got there for dinner, but ate there for breakfast almost every morning and twice for lunch. It is easily the nicest CL I have ever been in.

On my recent Serenade cruise, the Voom was awful. The devices would not stay connected, and even when connected, I could not surf with any sort of consistency.

I had purchased Surf and Stream, and could do neither. From what I heard, they had upgraded the internet something for that cruise, and were having issues. I asked for and received a refund since it was basically useless.

We had voom surf and stream on the recent transatlantic

Fastest download speed 0.003 mb

Upload tho ran at a blazing 8.48 mb

Therefore totally useless

Hate these auto spell correctors that assume they know what you want to say!!!

Edited by Alan1956