Question about the Coral Princess

Mama24

It's been many years since we sailed with Princess, on the Dawn Princess, all the way back in 1997. I seem to remember the doorway thresholds all had a raised lip that you actually had to step over. It made getting around the ship in my wheelchair a little tough at times.

Okay, my question is, does anybody know if the Coral Princess has those same raised thresholds?

It's been many years since we sailed with Princess, on the Dawn Princess, all the way back in 1997. I seem to remember the doorway thresholds all had a raised lip that you actually had to step over. It made getting around the ship in my wheelchair a little tough at times.

Okay, my question is, does anybody know if the Coral Princess has those same raised thresholds?

No raised thresholds.

The cabins have a raised step into the bathroom unless you have an accessible cabin.

There is a little lump in the hallway where the fire doors are. No big deal and like Colo Cruiser said the bathroom is pretty much the only place there is a threshold step unless it is an accessible cabin and then there is no raised threshold. The balconies in most cabins also have a bit of a step up/ step down. Not sure if the accessible balcony cabins have this issue.

Edited by ar1950

There is a little lump in the hallway where the fire doors are. No big deal and like Colo Cruiser said the bathroom is pretty much the only place there is a threshold step unless it is an accessible cabin and then there is no raised threshold. The balconies in most cabins also have a bit of a step up/ step down. Not sure if the accessible balcony cabins have this issue.

If I remember right they will place some type of ramp to go onto your balcony like in this picture. BG-48.jpg.cbd52b2a3da5c8408bd88b82e6fe6d5d.jpg

Theo

Wonderful! Thank you for the info! We booked an accessible cabin so we're good to go. Now I just have to wait until next March. ;)

If I remember right they will place some type of ramp to go onto your balcony like in this picture. [ATTACH]399279[/ATTACH]

Theo

Forgot about the balconies. :o

No raised thresholds.

The cabins have a raised step into the bathroom unless you have an accessible cabin.

In addition to the bathroom to regular cabins.... the door entrance for inside and outside the ships can have a lip making it hard for wheelchairs to cross. I have a "transport chair" that have small wheels. May be easier with a regular wheelchair with big wheels.