Beaches in Bonaire

norwegianwood57

We were just there on Inf late Oct cruise., on a great ships excursion that stopped there at a Beach Club

Beach was longish ride....it was a windsurfer beach club but on our visit winds on Bonaire were oddly reversed...very windy near the pier and calm at this beach area.....water was like a flat mirror...there is a roped off swimming area as well as an in water preserve. Some folks took a quick dip and ither beach goers were there..we used the restrooms, got a drink and took photos..files too large to post. Very scenic.saw windboard, surfboards...

We did not plan to snorkel this cruise, so I am sorry I have no info re snorkeling, reefs etc. at this particular location.Many on our cruise roll call booked Woodwind...very well known and popular.

So much else to see on Bonaire like the amazing salt flats, desert scenery , flamingos. Also a nice port town with shopping area and craft market...spices and salt, of course. We enjoyed lunch at Karels...main rd..sits over the water but due to drizzles we had a nice lunch inside..across from the water...

Have fun!

Edited by hcat

In our opinion, the snorkeling at Klein Bonaire is the best we've ever seen in the Caribbean. A great option might be Woodwind snorkel excursion. Unbelievable. They even have masks with +1, +2, +3, -1, etc. It's not a beach but it's a beautiful way to spend 4 hours or so in the water. Hundreds of different colored fish. I am not sure if you can get to Klein Bonaire (it's like an island with reef around it) without an excursion but I would assume you can. We never have.

They also serve a great lunch on the ship. Check it out on trip adviser.

We were just there in early November and did the Double Dip Snorkeling excursion through Celebrity (I originally had reservations with woodwind but decided to cancel and use the OBC I had to pay for it). The provider was Seacow. I highly recommend the excursion! We were told visibility was not the greatest on that day due to raining the day before but I would had never known! It was that clear to me so I can't imagine what is like when visibility is up to their standards!

Edited by Sandy1975

When we are in Bonaire, we get off the ship, turn left and walk for about 20mins and you come to a hotel with beach where you can just swim off the beach, or hire loungers. The beach bar does good meals too. A nice cheap way to spend a day in Bonaire :)

In our opinion, the snorkeling at Klein Bonaire is the best we've ever seen in the Caribbean. A great option might be Woodwind snorkel excursion. Unbelievable. They even have masks with +1, +2, +3, -1, etc. It's not a beach but it's a beautiful way to spend 4 hours or so in the water. Hundreds of different colored fish. I am not sure if you can get to Klein Bonaire (it's like an island with reef around it) without an excursion but I would assume you can. We never have.

They also serve a great lunch on the ship. Check it out on trip adviser.

We made it to Klein Bonaire on our own. Just booked it on the pier. Be aware that there are facilities on the beach, and no shade. But a good place to snorkel for a couple of hours.

Just returned a few days ago and Woodwind tours in Bonaire was one of the highlights of our trip. Extremely careful and well equipped tour organization. We are experienced snorkelers and my new mask was fogging up, they burned it and corrected the problem. Then ensure that all participants are well equipped and well prepared, whatever their experience level. they have full face masks, vision correcting masks, rash guards, wetsuits and life preservers, should you desire them. Only a few minutes walk away from cruise port so easy access. One of the best reefs we have seen. Have fun!