Florida to Chile November WEATHER?

BoiseBeth

We booked on Celebrity Infinity from Ft Lauderdale to Valparaiso, Chile November 23- December 8. Temperatures look to be in 70's. Will it be warm enough for sunbathing and lounging by the pool and going to beaches? I'm worried it may not be "tropical" enough weather to please us. Thanks in advance for your input!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We booked on Celebrity Infinity from Ft Lauderdale to Valparaiso, Chile November 23- December 8. Temperatures look to be in 70's. Will it be warm enough for sunbathing and lounging by the pool and going to beaches? I'm worried it may not be "tropical" enough weather to please us. Thanks in advance for your input!

Today is November 29, 2016....it is 90 degrees in Santiago Chile, 71 in Lima,

83 in Guayaquil, 84 in Panama City.

Looking at your itinerary I am not aware of any spectacular beaches along the way. Possible exception is Grand Cayman.

It occurs that your best day for sweltering tropical heat may well be your Panama Canal transit, if it doesn't rain.

Edited by thinfool

That was my concern is cooler weather at sea. We cruised to Alaska most recently and for me, without pool days I didn't enjoy my ship time as much. I was thinking 7 days with no ports and no pool time may be too much for me.

You will be ok from Florida till Eduador. Even at sea, it can be cool due to wind chill so find a spot that have little or no wind. Many people find the wind chill to be tolerable, but once you hit Peru, the air temperature drops because of the cold water current and wind chill factor goes up - just stay out of the wind, but you may find that impossible on these repositioning cruise - the ship generally goes at a fairly high speed when going down the South American coast.