Ultimate Abyss on Harmony - quick question

birdlord

I KNOW I've seen people post pictures of the sign by the Ultimate Abyss with the rules and I KNOW people have asked questions -- but I have been trying to find them and I simply am not having luck or the threads are so long I can't find the photo. Anyway, all I simply want to know is what the basic requirements are for clothing on the Ultimate Abyss (I know there's a size requirement - that's not an issue; I know you can't carry loose items - that's not an issue)... I just need to know if they have shoe and/or long pants requirements. We are shooting to do this on embarkation day and this will help determine what I take on my carry on bag on board so we don't have to wait until luggage (which may arrive late). There -- long but hopefully simple question.

Hi there , you can wear what ever you want shoes or clothes wise , you just have to be dry, not wet clothes.

I did it in shorts and t-shirt. A friend did it in a dress and heels. You sit in a sack type thing which encloses your feet.

There is a weight limit of 300lbs, not sure what the minimum height is.

Have fun and don't forget to smile for the camera when you get to the bottom, pictures were $ 9.99

Also people can hear you screaming so watch your language !! Lol :D

Edited by heatherb1958

Hi there , you can wear what ever you want shoes or clothes wise , you just have to be dry, not wet clothes.

I did it in shorts and t-shirt. A friend did it in a dress and heels. You sit in a sack type thing which encloses your feet.

There is a weight limit of 300lbs, not sure what the minimum height is.

Have fun and don't forget to smile for the camera when you get to the bottom, pictures were $ 9.99

Also people can hear you screaming so watch your language !! Lol :D

Ha ha! I love this! Thank you!!

If you want to do it without lines, don't do it embarkation day. The lines were long that afternoon, but there were not lines later in the cruise.

Just a suggestion.

Ah, now I would have thought the opposite Thanks for the tip. (p.s. Our first cruise was on the Monarch as well!)

As above, any (dry) clothing and shoes seem to be fine---I had a huge variety from trip to trip and never had an issue.

I was told to take off my glasses, but they told me to stick one temple piece down the front of my T-shirt. That worked fine.

This was my experience as well (and I rode probably a dozen times on the TA)

Ah, now I would have thought the opposite Thanks for the tip. (p.s. Our first cruise was on the Monarch as well!)

Based on the flowrider, I would have thought so to0, but I guess the fact you don't have to change into a bathing suit gets more people to try it on embarkation day.

Based on the flowrider, I would have thought so to0, but I guess the fact you don't have to change into a bathing suit gets more people to try it on embarkation day.

Seemed like everyone wanted to experience it right away.

I had to talk my DW into trying, which took some time. So it wasn't until day 3 that I went the first time. It was so fast, she didn't see me exit. So I had to do it again. And again.

It wasn't until my 4th time that she finally went.

For those who hesitate- I think the short line helps- less time to brew over it.

A few days later she wanted to go again- very short line.

For the water slides- I went after coming back from Labadee. There's a line to the green/yellow one because the "toilet bowl" takes time to get through. But the blue and yellow ones go pretty quickly.

The Ultimate Abyss is fun and not nearly as scary as it's played up to be. They asked me to remove my glasses as well, but I chose to leave them on. After the ride, I can't imagine why they ask to remove them. The ride picks up speed rather quickly but is otherwise pretty tame.