should I expect an emailed response from maitre d?

jburk

I emailed the maitre d of the Valor several days ago. We have early dining and I emailed requesting a table for 4 only. I have done this many times on our prior cruises, but for the life of me I cannot remember if I ever got an emailed reply back. Does anyone know. BTW, when I did this before we always had a private table as requested. For those of you saying to just select YTD my son has allergies and it was recommended we do a set dining time. I hate to bombard the maitre d with unnecessary emails, but I simply cannot remember if I received a reply in the past.

In October, I emailed the Maitre D' with a table request for our late dining time. I did not receive a reply, but we got exactly the table type/location we requested.

FWIW, I sent the email the day after the ship sailed on the week before our cruise. (I waited until the day after sailing because I figured the departure date would be very busy for the Maitre D'.)

We got a response from the Maitre D on the Liberty that our request was granted for our sailing 11/26.

We have sent e-mails to the Conquest, Freedom, Magic, Breeze and Triumph and the response from the Liberty was the only one we have ever received, yet we always got what we requested.

I emailed the maitre d of the Valor several days ago. We have early dining and I emailed requesting a table for 4 only. I have done this many times on our prior cruises, but for the life of me I cannot remember if I ever got an emailed reply back. Does anyone know. BTW, when I did this before we always had a private table as requested. For those of you saying to just select YTD my son has allergies and it was recommended we do a set dining time. I hate to bombard the maitre d with unnecessary emails, but I simply cannot remember if I received a reply in the past.

I have food allergies and do YTD all the time. I go to the MDR when they open for requests and they take my card number and cabin number and write down all my allergies. I can even order from the first nights menu. This information is held at the check in. When they give me the dessert menu they also give me the menu for the next day so I can preorder. The pre order is held at the check in desk in case I don't get the same serving team.

I cruise for creme brûlée, lobster and warm chocolate melting cake!

How do you find the Maitre d's name/email?

Its the 2 letter code for the ship you are cruising on, then maitred@carnival.com

There is a list of 2 letter codes out here somewhere, just search this forum

BR Breeze

CQ Conquest

DR Dream

EC Ecstacy

EL Elation

FA Fantasy

FD Freedom

FS Fascination

GL Glory

IM Imagination

IS Inspiration

LE Legend

LI Liberty

MC Magic

MI Miracle

PA Paradise

PR Pride

SE Sensation

SL Splendor

SP Spirit

SH Sunshine

TI Triumph

VA Valor

VI Victory

VS Vista

I have food allergies and do YTD all the time. I go to the MDR when they open for requests and they take my card number and cabin number and write down all my allergies. I can even order from the first nights menu. This information is held at the check in. When they give me the dessert menu they also give me the menu for the next day so I can preorder. The pre order is held at the check in desk in case I don't get the same serving team.

I cruise for creme brûlée, lobster and warm chocolate melting cake!

We also do YTD with a special diet and haven't had any issues. I'll email the maitre d pre cruise but that's about it. Did special meeting last time but eh, didn't seem worth it for our request.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums