NOLA Platinum and Diamond lounge closed/

Hotdog 52

When we went on our Oct. 2 cruise on the Dream, we had to go through the regular line to get to the counter to check in. We asked and were told that with the new staggered check in times that the lounge was no longer used. Has anyone else noticed that other Platinum/Diamond lounges have been closed at other Carnival ports due to the staggered check in?:(

When we went on our Oct. 2 cruise on the Dream, we had to go through the regular line to get to the counter to check in. We asked and were told that with the new staggered check in times that the lounge was no longer used. Has anyone else noticed that other Platinum/Diamond lounges have been closed at other Carnival ports due to the staggered check in?:(

On the 10/23 Dream we went in the dedicated door for Platinum/VIP (my adult children went in the staggered line around the corner), up the escalator and to the Platinum/VIP xray podium, then on to check in for our S&S cards which has dedicated lines adjacent to regular check in and is no longer in the lounge. While we were checking in they boarded the lounge guests so we never went to the lounge just straight on the ship. We've sailed out of New Orleans five times and seems like every time is a little different.

Uh oh. Sounds like the beginning of the end of priority embarkation related to staggered check-in. I wonder how the people paying for FTTF and suites will respond.

Uh oh. Sounds like the beginning of the end of priority embarkation related to staggered check-in. I wonder how the people paying for FTTF and suites will respond.

You're absolutely right. Due to staggered check-in, priority boarding is pointless. Expect the lounges and lines to be repurposed for the crew.

• 8 months later...

In Miami in October we had staggered check in and the Captain's Lounge was open. Check in was painfully slow though. On Vista also with staggered check in, Captain's Lounge was closed but on that ship you get your cards in your mailbox so there's no need for the lounge as your docs are checked before you go through Security. I think as they go to more ships having the cards in the mailboxes, the lounges will close. I don't think it has much to do with staggered check in, but more when and how you receive your cards. They may be vamping up for a fleet wide roll out of this process.

I don't see it as the end of Priority embarkation at all. There is still a separate area in the main boarding area and you still get on in the first group(s). That hasn't changed.

And please, before someone chimes in about how does the cards in the mailboxes work or won't someone steal my card nonsense, please search the bazillion threads already on this subject. It's not an issue.

In Miami in October we had staggered check in and the Captain's Lounge was open. Check in was painfully slow though. On Vista also with staggered check in, Captain's Lounge was closed but on that ship you get your cards in your mailbox so there's no need for the lounge as your docs are checked before you go through Security. I think as they go to more ships having the cards in the mailboxes, the lounges will close. I don't think it has much to do with staggered check in, but more when and how you receive your cards. They may be vamping up for a fleet wide roll out of this process.

I don't see it as the end of Priority embarkation at all. There is still a separate area in the main boarding area and you still get on in the first group(s). That hasn't changed.

And please, before someone chimes in about how does the cards in the mailboxes work or won't someone steal my card nonsense, please search the bazillion threads already on this subject. It's not an issue.

But I think the thread was about NOLA's priority lounge, not Miami's or in general. The thread was revived.to ask if there have been any changes to NOLA's priority lounge since 2016.

I'm interested since I sail out of NOLA Oct.1.

And I won't comment on S&S cards in the mail boxes, LOL.

Any recent Plats or Diamonds who sailed from NOLA out there in CC land?

But I think the thread was about NOLA's priority lounge, not Miami's or in general. The thread was revived.to ask if there have been any changes to NOLA's priority lounge since 2016.

I'm interested since I sail out of NOLA Oct.1.

And I won't comment on S&S cards in the mail boxes, LOL.

Any recent Plats or Diamonds who sailed from NOLA out there in CC land?

See the partial quote from the OP below. That's why I replied.

Has anyone else noticed that other Platinum/Diamond lounges have been closed at other Carnival ports due to the staggered check in?:(

See the partial quote from the OP below. That's why I replied.

Alright, I did overlook that add on. No, there weren't any changes in either MIA or FLL priority lounges the last time I sailed from either this year.

But what about NOLA?