LIVE from the Anthem of the Seas - December 16, 2016: TAKE TWO

bedazzler

Sure, here's a pic of me and Johnny! Hopefully you can make the drive just as fun as if you were in a limo!

71a6d0824bc08e12b7f0f4af1a9119a8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks! Now let's see if I can spot you on a ship sailing with 4500 people!

Howard

Landed at LGA! Still waiting to deplane. Current plan is to find our coats out of our carry ons while we wait for our bags at the claim. Going to find an UBER to our hotel so I can clean myself up a bit before we find a bite to eat and trek up the Empire State Building!

0af12ff9000381eef8363283a98eed07.jpg

Our hotel is fantastic! We're staying at the Park Central Hotel on 7th Ave. We're directly across from Carnegie Hall, which is beautiful.

58ebe5da712f3793891277609d51e7d8.jpg

We also drove right by Fifth Avenue (one of the things we wanted to see since the shops are all decked out for Christmas) and can see Times Square from the hotel door. Our UBER was great. FYI: you can use code AMEXAIRPORT in the UBER app to get up to $65 off a ride from one of the major airports if you use an Amex card (details are in the app). I work for Amex so of course I have a card! Our fare ended up being only $8.50 (plus a $10 Christmas tip). Do you guys tip your UBER drivers? I never know if I should.

Do you guys tip your UBER drivers? I never know if I should.

I have never used Uber but we did tip our UberEats delivery guy when we were in NY! I wish they had UberEats near me but nooooo

Sorry I missed the beginning of your Take Two on Anthem. I was following you before and I am still upset that they bumped you from the morning show... They just wanted people to bash RCI and you were way to positive!!

Have a great cruise!!

I have never used Uber but we did tip our UberEats delivery guy when we were in NY! I wish they had UberEats near me but nooooo

Sorry I missed the beginning of your Take Two on Anthem. I was following you before and I am still upset that they bumped you from the morning show... They just wanted people to bash RCI and you were way to positive!!

Have a great cruise!!

I usually tip my Postmates guys too... I've taken lots of UBERs but I've only tipped once. I have no clue of the etiquette!

And thanks for following along! Hopefully this cruise is everything that one wasn't [emoji38]

Johnny and I had a good time at the top of the Empire State Building. Here's a few shots that I got:

d3abc91b201606a3477ac0f369008239.jpg

409829ee214dff1bb0a71065047fee27.jpg

7280e68ce9bbc3728c8c1486b9f722dd.jpg

Afterwards we went looking for authentic NY pizza. We found a place on Yelp called Patzeria Perfect Pizza that was on the way back to the hotel. HOLY MOLY. This was the best pizza I've ever had in my life, no contest. We took it to-go (there wasn't enough space in the restaurant to eat) and walked back through Times Square. I'm usually a spice fiend that drowns my pizza in crushed red pepper, but I had no need to do so at this place. I simply can't say enough about how delicious it was. These are also all reasons why I don't have any pictures of it... It went down, fast.

We're going to call it a night since we have been up since 7am EST and start tomorrow off with Rockefeller Center!

Here's some pics from Times Square:

c3a0af9117c7a284e4c33783c94d77e0.jpg

5436aaa4ae4f421317c765ed66c281e5.jpg

You two are in my work Neighborhood! I work on 42nd and Broadway right next to the theatre where ALADIN is playing. You should stop by for coffee tomorrow afternoon, Thursday...if you are in the area and need to get out of the cold for 1/2 an hour.

Howard

We also drove right by Fifth Avenue (one of the things we wanted to see since the shops are all decked out for Christmas) and can see Times Square from the hotel door. Our UBER was great. FYI: you can use code AMEXAIRPORT in the UBER app to get up to $65 off a ride from one of the major airports if you use an Amex card (details are in the app). I work for Amex so of course I have a card! Our fare ended up being only $8.50 (plus a $10 Christmas tip). Do you guys tip your UBER drivers? I never know if I should.

Is the $65 off just for first time use on AMEXAIRPORT?

Is the $65 off just for first time use on AMEXAIRPORT?

The trip has to originate from one of their listed airports (mostly major East coast airports, but there's a full list in the app) and be set up to be paid for with an Amex. I think the code is good for up to 2 rides per person thru the end of the year.

We had an eventful day! Once I get on the ship I'll post more frequently, but for now New York is keeping me pretty busy!

Johnny and I woke up in time to see Rockefeller Plaza and Top of the Rock around 10:30 this morning. We walked around to see the tree and eventually got so distracted seeking garbage bins for our much-needed coffee cups that we wound up at St. Patrick's Cathedral. I have no idea why all of Rockefeller Plaza is so devoid of garbage cans.

228a3aed8d716e3111dc328420acc37b.jpg

a72da31dfbbfcbaed4260c6ac023452a.jpg

4878633d8f2324045aa9de58ccdd7b2d.jpg

fe49ab4ae99af2af588fa63b21ef429d.jpg

fbe8fb3fc84a5ab2c1e1af105f70012a.jpg

You two are in my work Neighborhood! I work on 42nd and Broadway right next to the theatre where ALADIN is playing. You should stop by for coffee tomorrow afternoon, Thursday...if you are in the area and need to get out of the cold for 1/2 an hour.

Howard

I think the plan for tomorrow is to spend as much time as we can in and around Central Park in the museums, not sure if we'll have time to swing down.

Are you joining us on the ship on Friday?

After Rockefeller, we took a nice trip on the L train out to Brooklyn for a jewelry appointment. I had my eye on this ring online and I'm quite glad I got to try it on in person:

ede232e06a375493ec369d6f964a2556.jpg

We were in Brooklyn for all of 30 minutes, but I really liked the vibe there. And that you could actually see the sky. It's crazy to me that Brooklyn is only 3 miles away from where we were in midtown.

We stopped for some delicious Korean food in Koreatown. Woorijip - a Korean buffet rated extremely highly on Yelp - was delicious. I love me some kimchi.

a92e6a6249a4221ab7179bc52b66097e.jpg

We had a bit of time to kill before our second ring appointment of the day at the flagship Tiffany store, so we found some boba at a place called Gong Cha. It was fantastic. Best boba (bubble tea) I've ever had.

e18952660ca40abcd223af876746e195.jpg

Armed with caffeine, we made our way to Grand Central Terminal.

c386d3fb385f7eea26dcfa81e1a3ce99.jpg

9f6cc6d85c597e985c75382a699cd1eb.jpg

And eventually walked up Fifth Avenue to the flagship Tiffany store for a personal shopping appointment where I fell in love with a dream engagement ring:

a5b19427682c4ad5e2d792d89a3edee8.jpg

Except that this one is far too big to be within reasonable budget if we ever want to cruise ever again. So they can make a smaller one [emoji6]

Edited by bedazzler

Once our appointment was over, we walked back down Fifth towards our hotel and caught the Saks light show:

https://vimeo.com/195746494

We also caught Rockefeller while it was dark and a nice couple offered to take our picture (selfie-ing wasn't much of an option due to tree height):

4801598de17cdaf61bf2afa9baa0bb2f.jpg

13757a9f01065392caf1b29ff16ecef5.jpg

0ba37b0612955e69faac1e5945415b3d.jpg

We had just enough time to pop back into our hotel to relax for about 30 minutes before we went to go see The Rockettes!

0c72673b9a7798d9bd1324084efb4eaf.jpg

cf5a5e1b197f609ff7dfd9e6fff9737d.jpg

I bought tickets about a month ago off of StubHub. We had great seats in the middle of the front row of the first mezzanine.

Finally, for dinner, Johnny wanted to visit the Carnegie Deli. He had been there on a school trip about 10 years ago and wanted to try it again before it closes at the end of the year. We waited outside for about 20 minutes and inside for another 40, before we were seated just in time for then to run out of their famous pastrami.

He lucked out, they got some just in time for us.

d3cd0c6df2d4a40b3b55f27da4af4399.jpg

And that wraps up today! We went all over but it wasn't too crazy of a day for us [emoji16]

The trip has to originate from one of their listed airports (mostly major East coast airports, but there's a full list in the app) and be set up to be paid for with an Amex. I think the code is good for up to 2 rides per person thru the end of the year.

Oh I missed that after coming into EWR last week. Didn't see it on my Amex Offers.

Great pictures you have in NY. Lovely couple.

Thanks.

Hey everyone! Quick update. I'll have to retroactively update you all about today tomorrow, but the good news is that we all made it to Newark with our luggage and will be boarding the ship tomorrow!!!

After I have some time to sleep I'll fill everyone in as to why that is a feat of ingenuity...

Oh I missed that after coming into EWR last week. Didn't see it on my Amex Offers.

Great pictures you have in NY. Lovely couple.

Thanks.

I didn't see this one in my Amex offers either - I found it through the UBER app.