LIVE from the Anthem of the Seas - December 16, 2016: TAKE TWO

bedazzler

Do you know if there is a Welcome Back Party and or a Top Tier Event and when it's held.

Is Natalie the Loyalty Ambassador?

Thank you.

Natalie is the LA. There is no Welcome Back Party, just the Top Tier event, which has been previously held on the first or second sea day and depending how many C&A members are on board, it will be either in the Royal Theater or 270.

Sorry I've been MIA! I've been having too much fun on CocoCay.

e61f6a3a193d4d5eed24fdc41fa7f8d5.jpg

a54e82a04e302fa4d696bd4b16a163d7.jpg

c7f801ecbadeb27ee16d2b790975db34.jpg

We got a cabana in the suite VIP area and it was 100% worth. It was $200 for the whole day for up to 6 people but you must be in a suite to request one from the concierge.

Tonight we are eating in the main dining room - we have My Time Dining so I think we're upstairs - but I should have the chance to clear up any questions about the new dining stuff on Anthem. I've already heard that next year when Anthem goes in for dry dock the dining rooms will be remodeled to be the same (the Silk/American Icon/Chic/Grande decor will be removed and they will all be updated, but I don't know to what. My guess is they will get the Grande interior as that is what the MDR on the new ships is modeled after, but no confirmation on that).

We had a disappointing meal in the MDR. It's likely that we will not be back - Johnny and I are very disappointed to see the old restaurants leaving the Anthem.

After dinner we went to 80s music trivia and nailed it but our score of 34/40 wasn't good enough (winners got 39!)

Johnny, Tori, Joey and I then went (and even participated in) finish the lyric and Tori killed it! Our team won because of her knowledge of musicals.

Finally we hung out in the solarium hot tub again and it was a good time!

Tomorrow's stop is in Nassau. Johnny and I will be getting off the ship for long enough to get some Cariloha sheets (they're actually amazing) and then pretty much immediately returning onboard for our hot stone massages.

What was disappointing about it? What did you have?

We were seated fine and had a look at the menu. Initially we were disappointed that the menu wasn't a combination of all the previous restaurants onboard but rather a generic Royal Caribbean menu.

We each ordered appetizers which took a long time to come out. The maitre'd came to ask how everything was about 20 minutes after we ordered and nothing had come out yet.

When it finally did come, Johnny and Joey's French onion soup was barely warm so the cheese had solidified.

Mary had decided to order the upcharge surf and turf which they said would take extra time, but they would bring out all the food at once.

Not even 2 minutes later, the surf and turf and Johnny and my pork chops arrived at the table, but the other 3 members of our party didn't have food for another 5 minutes.

Or waiter, Tam Tam, apologized profusely and even brought us champagne, but the food wasn't worth the experience. Johnny and I both agreed that our pork chops were tasty but dry, and everyone else agreed that the food wasn't special. I ordered a coke which was flat, and various other small inconveniences. We will be eating in Coastal Kitchen tonight, and then our reservations for Jaime's and Wonderland still stand for the last two nights of our sailing.

Johnny and I had a wonderful time on our last sailing eating in Silk, American Icon and Chic; we're just disappointed in the new system as it seems to cater to those that prefer tradition, even though the previous 4-restaurant system worked perfectly for a large number of people as well. This seems like a step backwards.

Edited by bedazzler

We were seated fine and had a look at the menu. Initially we were disappointed that the menu wasn't a combination of all the previous restaurants onboard but rather a generic Royal Caribbean menu.

We each ordered appetizers which took a long time to come out. The maitre'd came to ask how everything was about 20 minutes after we ordered and nothing had come out yet.

When it finally did come, Johnny and Joey's French onion soup was barely warm so the cheese had solidified.

Mary had decided to order the upcharge surf and turf which they said would take extra time, but they would bring out all the food at once.

Not even 2 minutes later, the surf and turf and Johnny and my pork chops arrived at the table, but the other 3 members of our party didn't have food for another 5 minutes.

Or waiter, Tam Tam, apologized profusely and even brought us champagne, but the food wasn't worth the experience. Johnny and I both agreed that our pork chops were tasty but dry, and everyone else agreed that the food wasn't special. I ordered a coke which was flat, and various other small inconveniences. We will be eating in Coastal Kitchen tonight, and then our reservations for Jaime's and Wonderland still stand for the last two nights of our sailing.

Johnny and I had a wonderful time on our last sailing eating in Silk, American Icon and Chic; we're just disappointed in the new system as it seems to cater to those that prefer tradition, even though the previous 4-restaurant system worked perfectly for a large number of people as well. This seems like a step backwards.

Thanks.

Massages were amazing, as they always are. Johnny and I had a couple's hot stone massage.

Now we're eating in Coastal Kitchen for lunch (spoilers: we're returning for dinner as well) with a nice view of the Carnival Liberty and Disney Dream:

a91463648111e15b153e96fbcd488459.jpg

90df25a71dce9274d147df33521b8bee.jpg

Thanks for your posts, really enjoying your live thread.

Have you noticed if there's anything in the cruise compasses for 18-25 meetups. Sometimes, Royal Caribbean has added this to compasses during the holiday season for those in this age group looking to more easily meet others.

Also, how is the nightclub? Which venue or venues is the nightclub at?

Enjoy the rest of your trip!

Thanks for your posts, really enjoying your live thread.

Have you noticed if there's anything in the cruise compasses for 18-25 meetups. Sometimes, Royal Caribbean has added this to compasses during the holiday season for those in this age group looking to more easily meet others.

Also, how is the nightclub? Which venue or venues is the nightclub at?

Enjoy the rest of your trip!

There have definitely been sightings in the compass for 18-21+ meetups, usually in the evenings around 10 pm. I don't think there's a proper nightclub on this ship, but after 11 pm the music hall is 18+.

Trivia at Schooner is one of my favorite things to do... interested in who is tending the Schooner bar?

John, our resident trivia addict, said that the bartenders have been switching out all the time - he hasn't really seen the same people every day.

Sorry for the lack of updates! Been having fun on our vacation. Yesterday we went onshore briefly into Nassau to pick up Cariloha sheets. We came back for our Hot Stone massages and then hung out on the suite sun deck. I got some good pics of the North Star:

8a3bd7ba61febbc8c5733a8c0e6d8880.jpg

Last night we saw We Will Rock You in the suite class seats upstairs. I hated the seats. This was my view:

9aee94645d38a38aed9496c756f094d2.jpg

I will just be sure to sit on the bottom level for shows in the future.

After the show, we went back to our room to watch a movie and fell asleep pretty early.

This morning we got up early to take photos in the portrait studio that is above 270. We will be able to review them tomorrow, I think they turned out well!

Lunch was in Coastal Kitchen. I really love CK, the food and service is excellent. I had a Blanco flat bread.

After lunch we went up to see if there was any possibility that Johnny could do the iFly. We had reservations on day 2 but they were cancelled due to weather and they posted a sign saying that they were out of available time slots. Luckily they were able to fit Johnny in just in time for us to go on our bridge tour. I have pics of both but they're on my DSLR so I will have to import those.

I'm currently chilling in Boleros with my El Picadura margarita and Johnny just got an American Icon hot chocolate from the cafe next door.

cd964b0457ddde8d1c9401660b9b7091.jpg

938f8fa4153a37d581d75e278ee56ffe.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On the bridge tour this afternoon, the 2nd mate confirmed that during the storm in February the ship listed to 26 degrees at the worst.

Another officer confirmed that the ship can withstand a 45 degree list, which seems insane! 26 was enough for me...

There have definitely been sightings in the compass for 18-21+ meetups, usually in the evenings around 10 pm. I don't think there's a proper nightclub on this ship, but after 11 pm the music hall is 18+.

There is the Fuel Teen Disco on port side deck 15 just forward of the Seaplex. Below is RCI web page info on it.

"Teens enjoy a dedicated night club and a teen-only space, the Fuel Teen Disco, where they can hang out without the kids or adults around. Teens get their own Cruise Compass filled with lots of shipboard activities from scavenger hunts and pizza parties to playing in the video arcade."

Edited by robtulipe

On the bridge tour this afternoon, the 2nd mate confirmed that during the storm in February the ship listed to 26 degrees at the worst.

Another officer confirmed that the ship can withstand a 45 degree list, which seems insane! 26 was enough for me...

Since you aren't in a hurricane this time (thankfully), how would you say the ship is in general for "rockiness"?

Since you aren't in a hurricane this time (thankfully), how would you say the ship is in general for "rockiness"?

Honestly I felt more "sick" on day 1 of this cruise than I did throughout the whole hurricane; we were going through a small storm that caused the ship to list to an astounding 2 degrees. I had to go lay down in my room (I'm one of those people that needs to see out the window), to stop my pre-nausea salivating. The Bahamas and the trip back to Bayonne (so far) has been a smidge more rocky than my previous experience on the Allure, but nothing unbearable (and I only notice it when I'm not moving).

I'd love to hear your take on Spectra and the Gift.... if you want to throw in We Will Rock You, that's fine too :)

I LOVED SPECTRA. I don't know what I expected exactly but it was fun and absolutely entertaining the whole time. The costumes were fantastic and I absolutely recommend sitting between the two rising platforms in the couch seating area (there are about 4 rows) to see it all up close.

We didn't stay through the whole performance of The Gift. It was a little weird to say the least. There were a lot of themes going on and the story was a little more abstract. No doubt the performers were talented though. The sets were also great. The 2012 tracklist just didn't seem to go with the era they were trying to portray.

I personally like We Will Rock You but Joey and Tori in our group didn't (and left early). I've seen it this cruise and also managed to see it on our cruise in February. If you don't like Queen/know the songs, there might not be much entertainment for you. I'm not a fan of the LCD screen that they use for a set throughout the whole show (I find it cheap looking and it distracts me from the talent) but the show itself is very good. Make sure you stay through the very end.

Edited by bedazzler

Tonight was Quest, which I always love.

36ec41903f7140a353efb4fed3858a69.jpg

Our cruise director is Dru Pavlov. I like him a lot and I liked his Quest. He's the perfect amount of inappropriate but knows where to draw the line and remains professional throughout.

I helped Team 2 score the victory at least a little bit by hoola hooping (didn't win us all the points though). Quest is definitely something to attend if you've never done it.

We returned back to the room to find a lovely towel swan (finally an animal I can safely identify).

8791af0ed7882fb864f0c1495cfd9a69.jpg

Also FYI, I'm going to try to sum up the whole cruise in a review-ish post and hopefully I find the time to scan at least the activities pages from the Compasses. Not looking forward to flying back on Friday ☹️