LIVE from the Anthem of the Seas - December 16, 2016: TAKE TWO

bedazzler

Please post the embarkation day cruise compass when you have time! I want to see if the activities change based on the cold.

Thank you!

We saw our room and connected to the Internet, didn't see the compass on the bed, but I'll take a picture of it for you once I find it!

Have a great cruise!

A few questions whenever you have some time:

-Since it's so cold outside, what was done for sailaway? Was there anything in 270 or the esplanade?

-How are the new traditional dining menus?

-How is the live music and entertainment late at night?

Thanks!

Also -

-Curious about the sea conditions. Have never sailed out of New York but have cruised before, wondering if going out of NY in the winter results in worse sea conditions.

-Curious about the sea-day entertainment and daytime activities with the cold weather.

Thanks again. Looking forward to reading about your trip.

Hey everyone! I see the questions about sea day activities/cold weather stuff, I'll take a look tomorrow when there's more stuff on the compass. Today's compass is pretty sparse, there's not a whole lot going on outside for sure. The Seaplex is being used for trapeze and basketball at the moment; I took a pic of the rest of the schedule for the Seaplex.

da2a9334c72c519ee055d1aa8e367f36.jpg

We have dinner in Coastal Kitchen tonight (2 times in 1 day is certainly not too much) and then will pop into the theatre for the welcome aboard show at 8:30 and the Two70 Tonight show at 10:15.

1644bff767946695f19fd571cdba7b2b.jpg

I ran outside for a bit and I'm glad to see that GiGi is all fixed up [emoji16]

Currently sipping pre dinner drinks in the Concierge Lounge on deck 12 Aft.

cc842a477f490283df9b9fe518442683.jpg

How did you find out about the trapeze availability? Were you able to register for the escape room?

The trapeze is listed in the compass as well as on the Seaplex schedule. It was pretty fun but I haven't seen any adults be limber enough to put their knees on the bar.

We are currently meeting with the Suite Concierge to hopefully sign up for the escape room and to fix some reservations/etc.

Hey there!! I'm officially just two weeks out from my make-up cruise on the Anthem of the Seas (and only one week out from when my VACATION actually begins :eek: ) so I thought I'd start up my thread again on CC!

In case you hadn't heard, the Anthem went through some "rough weather" back in February and my boyfriend, Johnny, and I were unfortunately at its helm at the time. We both still believe that Capt. Claus guided us through the tough weather amicably, and so it happened to work out in our favor that we get to try the Anthem out a second time. On almost the same itinerary. Hey, I'm not mad.

THIS time, we get to stay in a Grand Suite too. Like I said, I ain't mad.

ANYWAY, I figured I'd get the ball rolling on this (while I put off packing, as per usual) to gather up any questions from interested parties about new Anthem stuff. I know my boyfriend and I aren't super duper thrilled with the new dining change (since we loved it before), but we'll see how it works out.

A little more about me: my name is Lindsay, I'm 24, and I'll be on this cruise with my boyfriend Johnny, 25, and his family (his brother, Joey, 22, & his fiancée Tori, 22; and his parents, Mary & John). Johnny's parents are Diamond Plus with Royal and this will be their 3rd cruise on the Anthem this year. I never thought I'd say that I'd go on the same ship twice in one year either, so I suppose that isn't as ridiculous as it sounds. Johnny and Joey are both Diamond members with Royal and this cruise should push me into Platinum territory.

We have 3 Grand Suites on Deck 8 for this sailing, and it's going to be awesome.

Here is the itinerary I've put together for a basic "what we're up to for two whole weeks."

Johnny and I are going to take attempt #2 at the BIG APPLE before our cruise since we both live on the west coast and last time we only got to go to Lower Manhattan (we had planned to see the rest of the city after the cruise... whoops). Let's hope it works out this time. Since we're long distance, I'm driving out to California with Joey and Tori NEXT FRIDAY (!!!) which means I should really stop procrastinating the packing and get on it! I have 2 weeks and 3 climates to pack for but I swore I would only bring 1 checked bag... I can do it, I promise.

Johnny and I are also celebrating Christmas next week since the cruise docks back in Cape Liberty on December 23rd, and I will be getting off the plane in Phoenix to spend the holiday with my parents.

Let me know if you have any questions about the Anthem that I can answer for you while we're onboard! I hope this thread continues with smooth sailing!

Can you do us a big favor? We are on the next cruise and would like to know where we will dock in St Thomas. Is it at Crown Bay or Havensight? Thanks so much and enjoy your cruise.

How did you sign up for the escape room?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We were unable to sign up for the escape room as it is apparently full. I'm actually not sure how to sign up for it as both cruises I've tried, they send me on a wild goose chase and by the time I find a person with the answer, it's completely full.

Can you do us a big favor? We are on the next cruise and would like to know where we will dock in St Thomas. Is it at Crown Bay or Havensight? Thanks so much and enjoy your cruise.

Sure! I will try to make a note of this! We are taking a bridge tour at some time later in the week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How did you sign up for the escape room?

One more question - are there comedy shows on board? I haven't seen any in our cruise planner on the RCL website to make reservations for .

Keep checking your Cruise Planner for the Escape Room, it will be listed under Activities. Or, once on board, go immediately to the Royal Theater on Deck 4, crew members will be there taking reservations for shows, dining and activities, if all time slots are filled up, ask to be put on their waitlist.

And another way to sign up is on the Royal IQ app, you need to download the app before boarding. The Royal IQ app will only work once you're on board. Try to sign up immediately once you board as the Royal IQ app will not work in the terminal. Before using the app, you'll need to first connect to the Royal Wif, you don't need to purchase the internet to use the Royal IQ app. Make sure you put your phone in Airplane Mode to avoid any phone charges.

The comedy show is listed as a Headliner, reservations are not needed for any of the Headliner shows.

Currently sitting in the Royal Theatre watching the headliner show. The comedian is Darrell Joyce. It's a pass from us - his humor is dry and we've heard it all before.

As for the good news, our cruise director is Dru Pavlov and I have so far enjoyed his sense of humor.

ca7fb165d8951cbef04b4b7684a49657.jpg

Planning on going to the Two70 preview at 10:15.

The contract with Crown Bay is in effect. We docked there last month. You can check the schedule on Crown Bay Center's Facebook page which shows Anthem there on 12/18. VINOW also has a schedule.

Enjoy Anthem. We love it.

Edited by mizLORInj

I was on the same disaster cruise back in February! I used my credit for a Transatlantic on the Independence in May instead of a re-do on the Anthem. You're brave! Lol!

I hope you have a wonderful cruise with calm seas and sunny skies! And no 150kt winds! Lol!

Oh and sidebar - the escape room sign up (at least in February...) was at the desk in the seaplex - they had sign up sheets behind the desk. Not sure if that changed since February. Unfortunately I had signed up but it was cancelled due to the damage from the storm! :( You may still be able to get in on a cancellation, or more likely - a no show! But you'd have to be standing at the Escape room entrance at the time that it starts to try to make that happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums