Golden Princess Dolphin Deck

Brissy Rookie Cruiser

Myself and my extended family are going on a South Pacific cruise next September on the Golden Princess and looking at the dolphin deck plan, there seems to be a void in the interior forward section. I was hoping that someone may be able to enlighten us on what is actually in that void? Storage or crew cabins maybe? Curious to know. Thanks. :)

It is the upper reaches of the Princess Theatre. The lighting rigs and speakers do extend two decks above the center of the seating level, you will find the same 'void' through Emerald Deck as well.

Edited by fishywood

Those blank interior voids you see in a deck plan are going to be a combination of crew quarters, hotel service facilities, utility lifts, etc.

A CC member who is or has been crew could give you more specific insight on what exactly is in the unlisted area on Dolphin deck. (edit: oops I was thinking of interior center and aft)

What I can tell you is that mini-suite accommodations on Dolphin are very nice.

Edited by jeromep

This is the costume storage area for the theater. They have a very unique mechanical system somewhat like what a dry cleaner uses but it goes up to the Dolphin deck. They put the costumes needed for that night's production on it and then mechanically rotate it down to the dressing room. It really is quite unique.

Myself and my extended family are going on a South Pacific cruise next September on the Golden Princess and looking at the dolphin deck plan, there seems to be a void in the interior forward section. I was hoping that someone may be able to enlighten us on what is actually in that void? Storage or crew cabins maybe? Curious to know. Thanks. :)

My friend stays on the Dolphin deck all the time and loves it. He said they don't feel any motion at all that why they like it.

Tony