Live from Navigator - 12/9/2016 - Ship Goes A.B.C...Drink Count Goes 1.2.3...

I had the fortune to be just behind you walking on to the promenade and to have taken one photo of you too as I passed when you stopped at the pub. Not too many could pull off that suit, but you certainly did!

IMG_1481628839.197813.jpg.136737f6bd0de38bca7eef807bce865f.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I had the fortune to be just behind you walking on to the promenade and to have taken one photo of you too as I passed when you stopped at the pub. Not too many could pull off that suit, but you certainly did!

[ATTACH]400038[/ATTACH]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

You should have said hello!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Okay, so to finish up my dinner post from last night.

I began my meal with the shrimp cocktail and rice balls.

62e7b223ddaddd3543b84e93eeaf8fdd.jpg

a1c8b0e7187262e333a61e1b34f172f7.jpg

For my main, I ordered the Chicken Milanese (chef's recommendation), but Jose also brought me the Garlic Tiger Shrimp.

5fa0685426acaea16a93074cb34c5674.jpg

1e9a94c15b16a42c41d66f55acbaff3e.jpg

Last, but certainly not least, I devoured the bread pudding for dessert.

28a5be9c39ab0fd7845b0dac65478967.jpg

The meal was definitely much more enjoyable than the selections I had on formal night, but still nothing rose to a wow level. The garlic shrimp and the bread pudding were the standouts of the evening for me, but again nothing was extraordinary leaving me wanting more.

It is my opinion that the MDR suffices for those cruisers that view dinner as just another meal in their day and don't necessarily put a lot of value in the culinary experiences that the specialty restaurants offer. However, I am not one of those people and will continue to spend as many nights as possible in the specialty restaurants, because hey I'm on vacation. That said, we have decided to remove one of two remaining MDRs reservations for the week and swap it out for the Chef's Table.

Edited by CruiseLifeRick

I am going to end this here and finish it up tomorrow as I am really tired and have to wake up early to get a work out in before our Curaçao tour.

Stay tuned for my dinner selections and thoughts on my second night in the MDR as well as the adult comedy show that wrapped up the night. I will also have an update on Cruising Grandma and her Pinnacle ceremony.

Can't wait to hear the resolution on that one. :D

Can't wait to hear the resolution on that one. :D

Really just my mistake as there were two top tier events (5:30 PM and 7:30 PM), which I have never heard of, but apparently due to the number of C&A cruisers on this sailing it was necessary.

In any case, John and Kay were recognized as achieving Pinnacle status and LaLa received her crystal block at the 7:30 PM show.

Really just my mistake as there were two top tier events (5:30 PM and 7:30 PM), which I have never heard of, but apparently due to the number of C&A cruisers on this sailing it was necessary.

In any case, John and Kay were recognized as achieving Pinnacle status and LaLa received her crystal block at the 7:30 PM show.

Perfect, I had not heard of two events in years. Some lines used to do that for the welcome back party. A savvy cruiser could arrange to attend both of them. ;)

Thanks again for the update on Kay, John and my wife.

Whew! Thank goodness!! You know the saying, "It's not nice to fool Mother Nature?" That's tame compared to "You don't wanna piss off cruising grandma!!":eek: So glad all is well!!;)

... or perhaps Silver Fox gliding across the room with nothing but a pair of angel wings on and of course her fanny pack filled with crystal meth fairy dust.[/url]

OMG! I almost spewed coffee all over my computer monitor with that line! Hilarious! I could so picture that ;):D

Great job so far! (Still chuckling)

Definitely something an LA should have been on top of. I thought they were going to stop by the desk and confirm their inclusion in the event. But with no LA, that must not have happened.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Deleted.... answered above. Glad they got their recognition.

Edited by troykahack

My name is Nobody... I was going to use the old Cheech and Chong, my name is... but many would not have understood...

I am happy to hear Mr Kahn is no longer there. Was no help at all the last cruise. Even had to contact him and explain that we were to receive another crystal block. I don't think he ever made an appearance in the lounges. Had to go to deck 2 forward to see him. Could be he was leaving and didn't really care.

Edited by rt1092

I am happy to hear Mr Kahn is no longer there. Was no help at all the last cruise. Even had to contact him and explain that we were to receive another crystal block. I don't think he ever made an appearance in the lounges. Had to go to deck 2 forward to see him. Could be he was leaving and didn't really care.

I was on the Nav in April and was to get another block. I never could find him and he did not show up in either of the Lounges. Nadja was on vacay and her replacement was about as good as the LA. I never got my block while on the ship. I had to contact C&A when I got home and they sent it to me.