Live from Navigator - 12/9/2016 - Ship Goes A.B.C...Drink Count Goes 1.2.3...

Day six began like all others with a quick trip to the Windjammer to pick up an egg white omelette and coffee.

Today we would be taking the Beach Escape and Cave Safari with ABC Tours, which required us to be down in the pier terminal at 8:30 AM to meet our tour.

When we arrived in the the terminal we did not see any tour operator for ABC so we made a call over to their offices to figure out what was going on. We were told that our van would be there shortly. At about 8:45 AM the van arrived and we loaded up to head over to the ABC Tour offices.

a59fdb24240b4662befa175239ec0e74.jpg

998a81213d85ac01b0687804401e86fb.jpg

After quickly signing a waiver, we were introduced to our tour guide for the day, Waso.

af9fd3ad497c168e7f1f6b8b893d6f3e.jpg

Due to the size of our group, which consisted of my party of five and six others, Waso asked if anyone would volunteer to drive a second jeep as each jeep only holds six people. Luciano jumped on the opportunity and we were shown to our ride for the day.

c35751598eceb4d0142bba0ef8b160eb.jpg

And who got stuck riding shotty with the novice safari jeep driver you ask?

6a8d5eb5932d5e086ba8ff6f672b1f51.jpg

Yup! This is going to be a fun day.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Our first stop was at a local convenience store to pick up bread. No, not to make bologna sandwiches for the "included" lunch, but to feed these guys, which we would pass on the way to Baby Beach.

dc67c05dced1606a5628819e17754b63.jpg

After feeding the goats, we made our way to Baby Beach, which was about a 25 minute drive. This stop would allow the group to snorkel or relax on the beach.

06b2751114fa11c94de8d9ae4f603fad.jpg

46b471ce67edb32bd03fe6ed2094ae94.jpg

To be honest, I don't really understand what all the hype is about. This beach was average at best, as it was quite small and has the extremely beautiful smokestacks from the Aruba oil refinery as a backdrop.

While I did not partake in the snorkeling, Luciano said it was also average.

There is one bar/restaurant at Baby Beach, but that we came to find did not open until noon. Guess what time we had to be back in the jeep?

Please don't leas me to a beach bar and then tell me it's closed. I am very much a horse that would drink the water or rum in this instance...I promise. Speaking of which...

1d0e90ede66c087cd330c4986607ea25.jpg

Edited by CruiseLifeRick

Next stop would be a 30 minute break at Boca Grandi, where the waves were quite rough and the beach was covered with broken beer bottles (please bring sneakers or water shoes if you choose to go here). I did not take my camera with me at this stop so no pictures I can share.

This beach visit also felt like a waste as the waves took down a few people in the tour (some lost articles of clothing as well) and the rip current was very strong.

From Boca Grandi we got back in the jeep and headed to the caves within Arikok National Park. Please note that the entrance roads to the park were something special and that you really must hold on to your seats and gentlemen...well you know.

344f0bcdcda92782be30d58c01864c7b.jpg

885a4e43b0eef59f40da289b07ef274b.jpg

Don't expect any wow factor from these caves as the formations are not that impressive, coupled with the fact that the walls are covered with etchings of people's names (something along the lines of Bo & Wanda Take Aruba 1994 Woo Hoo). The 20 minutes in the caves was about 19 minutes too long as this was certainly no comparison to something like the Crystal caves in Bermuda.

Hopefully, you are beginning to surmise that I was not thrilled with this tour or Aruba at this point.

Our first stop was at a local convenience store to pick up bread. No, not to make bologna sandwiches for the "included" lunch, but to feed these guys, which we would pass on the way to Baby Beach.

dc67c05dced1606a5628819e17754b63.jpg

After feeding the goats, we made our way to Baby Beach, which was about a 25 minute drive. This stop would allow the group to snorkel or relax on the beach.

06b2751114fa11c94de8d9ae4f603fad.jpg

46b471ce67edb32bd03fe6ed2094ae94.jpg

To be honest, I don't really understand what all the hype is about. This beach was average at best, as it was quite small and has the extremely beautiful smokestacks from the Aruba oil refinery as a backdrop.

While I did not partake in the snorkeling, Luciano said it was also average.

There is one bar/restaurant at Baby Beach, but that we came to find did not open until noon. Guess what time we had to be back in the jeep?

Please don't leas me to a beach bar and then tell me it's closed. I am very much a horse that would drink the water or rum in this instance...I promise. Speaking of which...

1d0e90ede66c087cd330c4986607ea25.jpg

OMG - sitting here enjoying my coffee, which is now all over my laptop, this just made my morning! Stop horsing around and get yourself a beverage

Edited by dst

Please don't lead me to a beach bar and then tell me it's closed. I am very much a horse that would drink the water or rum in this instance...I promise. Speaking of which...

I bet you felt parched and maybe even looked a bit like this guy. Forget America's problems, let's work on Rick's ones. :)

ea626ed0454cb74c00f306a0b6de05e9.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by A&L_Ont

I bet you felt parched and maybe even looked a bit like this guy. Forget America's problems, let's work on Rick's ones. :)

ea626ed0454cb74c00f306a0b6de05e9.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Luciano may have been wearing a shirt yesterday that stated "Keep Calm and Return Fire." This quickly lead to the tour guide referring to him as Donald Trump and chanting the mantra above many times throughout the day.

After exiting the caves, we were offered the opportunity to partake in, what our tour guide coined, a "Kim Kardashian pedicure."

3f54f6d5985b975a9927e1892fca6807.jpg

This above is dedicated to York!

I should note that two of my fellow tour mates decided to wear bright tie dye shirts and also decided to sit right next to me in the river.

Cue the yellow jackets!

Let's just say that one of my shoes ended up being thrown into the river and was quickly swarmed by a much larger variety of the fish chewing at my feet. The recovery process was quite the vision and one that I hope is never shared.

After the Flintstone special, we headed over to Dos Playa for a photo opportunity.

https://theta360.com/s/nzvMM63S5Eo4tYDrd9OzZ3CsK

284331d9bd6d3e07443b32821d57e0f1.jpg

We then headed back towards town for lunch and an Aruba Ariba at Waka Waka, which is located right next to ABC tours.

1ef45510716eb47e7a2cb3e1415636a3.jpg

18703f9b0b9a9d3bdd11830ba5e4313b.jpg

After lunch we loaded back up on the bus and were dropped off at the cruise ship terminal at 3:30 PM. All aboard was at 4:30 PM so we just walked around the port area and did some souvenir shopping.

We set sail on time at 5 PM.

dcc699285e6d2864791b730b00f22158.jpg

Next up dinner at Chef's Table.

Edited by CruiseLifeRick

No worries there, but I can't believe they didn't present Kay and John as Pinnacle. That's shameful. ��

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

It takes 6 days for the numbers to register in the system. They pull the final numbers 3 days before a cruise starts, so your points for a cruise will be what they are 8-9 days before that cruise starts. (This is from a Loyalty Ambassador that I have known for years)

I got off Navigator on Friday and Went to Enchantment, and my points on Enchantment were still the same as they were before I boarded the first leg of the Navigator 12 days earlier.

And I agree with having no Loyalty to follow up with, it would have been hard for them to follow up except through a Concierge. (But even with the Loyalty Ambassador that was on there before he left, it was hard to follow up with him)

I feel bad for them! Such a great moment and to not be able to be honored!

Edited by Firefighterhoop

So not much needs to be said about Chef's Table other than that it is a truly amazing experience no matter how many times you have tried this fleet-wide menu.

On the Navigator, Chef's Table is held on the starboard side of the Windjammer, just beyond Giovanni's Table, with a meeting time of 6:30 PM.

7d73a1edcb7bec8f95536e426aecdd48.jpg

After about 20 minutes of sipping on champagne and making introductions with your fellow dining companions (14 in total), we were asked to move to our table, which was very nicely done and definitely made you forget you were essentially dining in the buffet.

251b2c55db8203331ab7f80316f50604.jpg

As is always the case, a personalized menu designates your seat at the table.

4996f14b7da43b60f8bb3ca14c7a34d2.jpg

The first item we were served was not on the menu, but was a one bite wonder that was largely compromised of crab and definitely was Asian inspired.

25b18eb07754ca29a9b1b9fc9553273d.jpg

The rest of the pictures will coincide with the menu above.

f3b106898970eb6e0315ca989cbd98aa.jpg

8857af394b916cc7355ff80a8d64d3fd.jpg

We did the Irie Tour a few weeks ago in Curacao. We did the 8 hour tour that included lunch and it was $95/pp. I have good things to say about the tour we did, and also not so positive the tour company itself and staff are really good. No complaints there. The tour was VERY comprehensive so that part was good. They took us to several beaches (Beach Hopping Tour) which I DID want to see. However, there are very few opportunities for restrooms for such a long trip where they provide plenty of free beer. Usually when a restroom was available it was a pay toilet. And the driver did pay for my wife. However many of the beaches were trashy and poor. The "water' was nice but these beaches were not the greatest to hang out at. Even for an hour. The best beaches were Cas Abou but no 1 by far was Porto St Marie. Excellent facilities and beach bar. This happened to be the very last beach stop after a very long day. Many people said if they were to do this trip again, they would prefer just to get a ride to THIS beach and hang out here all day. This tour in lnvolved a LOT of driving.... so that was a negative but it's no fault of the tour company.

We also personally didn't care for the cliff jumping stop. A waste of time if you ask me. Jumping 40 feet into the water is not a risk I'd like to take lol

Finally the lunch was really good but we really paid for it in the tour fee. I'd rather skip THAT restaurant and go right to Porto St Marie and eat lunch THERE while we are enjoying that beach. It would probably cost less too.

Thanks for sharing these details! I don't think I would care for Playa Forti, either. Even if I wanted to jump off a cliff, DW definitely would not let me :D

I also don't like the included lunch + beer/drinks concept because I'm a little picky with food and I rarely drink alcohol. I think I may have to try and find a private/custom tour...I got spoiled by Bodden Tours in Roatan...

It takes 6 days for the numbers to register in the system. They pull the final numbers 3 days before a cruise starts, so your points for a cruise will be what they are 8-9 days before that cruise starts. (This is from a Loyalty Ambassador that I have known for years)

Hmmm...far be it from me to disagree, I just want to have a better understanding of this...sounds like you are saying this is RCI's SOP. I have a B2B next year and after the first leg, we will technically have earned Emerald status...are you suggesting we shouldn't expect to have Emerald status for the second leg? Even if the welcome amenity is crappy, I still want it (having earned it), dangnabbit :D

Hmmm...far be it from me to disagree, I just want to have a better understanding of this...sounds like you are saying this is RCI's SOP. I have a B2B next year and after the first leg, we will technically have earned Emerald status...are you suggesting we shouldn't expect to have Emerald status for the second leg? Even if the welcome amenity is crappy, I still want it (having earned it), dangnabbit :D

Your status change will not be in the system and not automatically recognized but the Loyalty Ambassador on first leg can and should assist in having your sea pass and rewards updated for second leg if you ask.

I got off Navigator on Friday and Went to Enchantment, and my points on Enchantment were still the same as they were before I boarded the first leg of the Navigator 12 days earlier.

And I agree with having no Loyalty to follow up with, it would have been hard for them to follow up except through a Concierge. (But even with the Loyalty Ambassador that was on there before he left, it was hard to follow up with him)

I feel bad for them! Such a great moment and to not be able to be honored!

It was taken care of, there were two Top tier parties. They were recognized at the second one.

A good LA will make it happen. We have not changed levels in a long time, but we have earned crystal blocks based on a first leg scenario or jumping from one ship to another in a very short time frame. In that case we keep our sea pass cards and approach the LA on the first day to confirm the milestone.

Hi Rick, it was great to meet you at the Chef's Table! As promised, I am posting (finally). We went to see the Salt Flats today in Bonaire, which was pretty interesting. Hope you're continuing to have a great time - looking forward to your posts! -Debbie from Florida

We just finished up a fantastic dinner at Giovanni's Table. We shared all eight appetizers and three of the pasta courses (gnocchi, risotto and penne). For the main course, Luciano and I had the Ossobuco, Christina and Desiree had the lamb chops and Monet had the veal tenderloin. I skipped on dessert, but the rest of the table enjoyed the table side assortment.

Just to note, we made an 8:30 pm reservation and had the venue to ourselves. Definitely an early bird crowd.

6925570f2140256fc4942ac0e4307096.jpg

603e7fc750dd0741a887b43cb9060f16.jpg

5e783345854e0913b39f3485a4f48ecb.jpg

99af4abc80e9d5d741b6ead5e6d9ae92.jpg

We loved Giovanni's when we were on Navigator last January. And the Lamb Chops you show, we had them bring them out as appetizers for our group of 6. Also loved the gnocchi. Giovanni's is the only upsell restaurant we'll go yo when we are on the Adventure in February.

13010615_10209305910190778_3845848067251147196_n.jpg?oh=2245f976cdf69c68c0ed41a257c357bf&oe=58B67857