Making plans for a return-What should Mitsugirly do next?

mitsugirly

Good choice! I've heard excellent things about Gibbs!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Even though we have swam with the stingrays before (on 3 different excursions and also encountered them at various beaches), it will still be a fun experience. It will be my daughters 9th birthday this day, so I wanted to do a little more than just your normal beach day. I hope she has a fun day. :)

Mitsugirly ~ I am wondering if you can give me some info on renting a golf cart on Grand Turk. My husband has had a knee replacement that is giving him lots of problems, so we won't be able to do a lot of walking or even managing the sand on the beaches very well this trip. Where did you rent the golf cart and do you have an approximate price? Also, is driving the cart on the island easy and safe? My DH can certainly manage the driving of the cart since he is a golfer, or will be again if his knee ever recovers. Any info you can give me would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Mitsugirly ~ I am wondering if you can give me some info on renting a golf cart on Grand Turk. My husband has had a knee replacement that is giving him lots of problems, so we won't be able to do a lot of walking or even managing the sand on the beaches very well this trip. Where did you rent the golf cart and do you have an approximate price? Also, is driving the cart on the island easy and safe? My DH can certainly manage the driving of the cart since he is a golfer, or will be again if his knee ever recovers. Any info you can give me would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

We rented our golf cart with Wet Money. We only paid $60, but from what I heard when we got back, we were quoted the wrong price (cheaper) than what they normally rent them for. So, I think they made a mistake when quoting me the price, but then had to abide by what they had told me. It's usually less than $100 though.

We didn't have any problems navigating the island. There wasn't much traffic, but it's still easy when there is. Some of the roads, such as the road leading to the lighthouse, have a lot of pot-holes, but you can navigate around them or just go slow. Not too bad in the golf cart.

We had a blast and the island is pretty small, so you can easily have plenty of time to explore the entire island. :)

Renting a golf cart is the best thing in Grand Turk. Then you can ride around and see everything and do all you want. Ride to the lighthouse, the prison, see the salinas, the wild animals, stop at Jack's Shack, etc. $100 through Karib and Nathan's. We rented last year and will rent again this year.

We booked a snorkel trip with White Sands last March. They were fantastic. They met us on the beach and led us to their boat. It was just our family of 4, the Captain Brent and mate, Tony. We went out to a reef/wall and snorkeled. They had containers of cat food and the fish came right up to you. My 7 and 11 year olds had no problem and they were with us the crew were with us the whole time. Then we pulled anchor and went to Gibbs Cay. Brent and Tony dove off the cay for conch and made us an incredible conch salad we ate. As we were arriving a "cattle boat" of 50 people left and we had Gibbs Cay all to ourselves. The Stingrays came around and Brent held one for us to touch. My daughter LOVED being the only one playing on the beach and in the water. It was our own private island! They also cleaned conch shells for us to take home.

We booked a snorkel trip with White Sands last March. They were fantastic. They met us on the beach and led us to their boat. It was just our family of 4, the Captain Brent and mate, Tony. We went out to a reef/wall and snorkeled. They had containers of cat food and the fish came right up to you. My 7 and 11 year olds had no problem and they were with us the crew were with us the whole time. Then we pulled anchor and went to Gibbs Cay. Brent and Tony dove off the cay for conch and made us an incredible conch salad we ate. As we were arriving a "cattle boat" of 50 people left and we had Gibbs Cay all to ourselves. The Stingrays came around and Brent held one for us to touch. My daughter LOVED being the only one playing on the beach and in the water. It was our own private island! They also cleaned conch shells for us to take home.

That sounds like a wonderful experience. I ended up already booking with Grand Turk Diving, since several had mentioned them and there really didn't seem to be others mentioned. Maybe next time. :)