How long does it take to get off at a port?

smashedpumpkins

My wife and I will be on the Norwegian Spirit in February touring around the Mediterranean. Normally we sleep in after a long night but this time we booked some tours with ItalyTours.eu. One of the days we arrive in Marseille, France at 7 AM and the tour leaves from the ship at 7:30 AM. (The Rome port at 7:50 AM)

This feels kind of early. Having never actually lined up in the morning, is there long waits to get off the ship at a port? Should we plan to get in line early or is it normally quick to disembark?

If you're being collected at the pier, it shouldn't take more than 10 - 15 minutes to get off the ship, even if it's at the same time as the rest of the herd.

But Civi is a big port, and if you don't have transport meeting you at the pier you take a (free) shuttlebus to the port gate - and if there are long lines for the buses that can delay you.

Is this a private tour, or one shared with others on the ship?

I'm guessing you'll be collected at the pier, but you need to find out.

Or is it shared with others from hotels etc? :eek:

It might be problematic if your pick-up point is in town.

JB :)

My wife and I will be on the Norwegian Spirit in February touring around the Mediterranean. Normally we sleep in after a long night but this time we booked some tours with ItalyTours.eu. One of the days we arrive in Marseille, France at 7 AM and the tour leaves from the ship at 7:30 AM. (The Rome port at 7:50 AM)

This feels kind of early. Having never actually lined up in the morning, is there long waits to get off the ship at a port? Should we plan to get in line early or is it normally quick to disembark?

As mentioned when you posted this same question on the NCL board, you should be off within 10 -15 minutes of docking. It is a very quick process.

As mentioned when you posted this same question on the NCL board, you should be off within 10 -15 minutes of docking. It is a very quick process.
If you're being collected at the pier, it shouldn't take more than 10 - 15 minutes to get off the ship, even if it's at the same time as the rest of the herd.

But Civi is a big port, and if you don't have transport meeting you at the pier you take a (free) shuttlebus to the port gate - and if there are long lines for the buses that can delay you.

Is this a private tour, or one shared with others on the ship?

I'm guessing you'll be collected at the pier, but you need to find out.

Or is it shared with others from hotels etc? :eek:

It might be problematic if your pick-up point is in town.

Thank you. It is a private tour but it's a group of us from roll calls. In both cases, even Civi, we're being picked up at the ship. In Civi they're shuttling us in mini-vans to our tour van. So it sounds like we should be able to get off the ship pretty quickly and in time. I'll be early either way. I was afraid it would take an hour plus like disembark day. Thanks again!

Thank you. It is a private tour but it's a group of us from roll calls. In both cases, even Civi, we're being picked up at the ship. In Civi they're shuttling us in mini-vans to our tour van. So it sounds like we should be able to get off the ship pretty quickly and in time. I'll be early either way. I was afraid it would take an hour plus like disembark day. Thanks again!

No worries :)