LIVE from the Regal - Eastern Caribbean - 12/11/16

CanadianBurger

Oh - that $49 all-inclusive photo deal that they were advertising on the Royal yesterday is not offered on the Regal at that price. It's $199. I tried showing the photo people the sign from the Royal, but they wouldn't go for it. I'd have bought it in a heartbeat for $49, but $199 is too steep.

So on Mongolian bbq night at the horizon court, does that mean this is all they serve or is it just one section of the buffet which changes each day.

Sorry if this is a dumb question, we are going on our first cruise on the regal 4 weeks from today and I'm trying to learn as much as i can beforehand.

Oh - that $49 all-inclusive photo deal that they were advertising on the Royal yesterday is not offered on the Regal at that price. It's $199. I tried showing the photo people the sign from the Royal, but they wouldn't go for it. I'd have bought it in a heartbeat for $49, but $199 is too steep.

I noticed that also from your pictures.

I think Princess is experimenting with the pricing to see what price point is the most profitable. I suspect many takers at $49, but I doubt that is profitable.

Thanks for doing this, I read that they replaced the steak, on the "Princess Favorites" portion of the menu with a burger. I saw from your post that it is true. That is really cheap of them. We are taking this same cruise in February , so I will be following u on your journey. Have fun[emoji4]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hope you have a great cruise. We enjoyed the Bon Voyage Experience on the Regal yesterday. We got to watch you sail away from our hotel. Unfortunately the woman who gave us a tour of the ship wouldn't share any hints on how to stowaway. The food at lunch was better than we had the week before on the Caribbean. The ravioli isn't as good as it was a few years ago. I think there used to be a touch of cream in the sauce that's missing now.

Thanks for posting this CB. Everybody loves pictures and Patters.

I noticed that your Royal Princess embarkation-day Patter showed an MDR open for lunch as usual, but the Regal's first-day Patter (back page) does not show a dining room open from noon to 1:30. Do you know whether there was one open? Thanks.

Jim

Thanks for posting this CB. Everybody loves pictures and Patters.

I noticed that your Royal Princess embarkation-day Patter showed an MDR open for lunch as usual, but the Regal's first-day Patter (back page) does not show a dining room open from noon to 1:30. Do you know whether there was one open? Thanks.

Jim

Check post #12. OP had lunch in the dining room.

So on Mongolian bbq night at the horizon court, does that mean this is all they serve or is it just one section of the buffet which changes each day.

Sorry if this is a dumb question, we are going on our first cruise on the regal 4 weeks from today and I'm trying to learn as much as i can beforehand.

On Mongolian night or any other theme nights there are many other selections. The theme night foods are only in one section. You will find there is always a great variety to choose from.....enjoy:)

CanadianBurger, good review with great pictures! We will be on the Regal Princess in February, so looking forward to following along on your review. Appreciate you posting the Princess Patters. I always like to see what is listed for game shows and trivia. I'm hoping they will have Beatles trivia at least once. Enjoy every moment of your cruise.

Cheers - Ken & Darlene

Edited by Kenosha Cruiser

Thanks for doing this, I read that they replaced the steak, on the "Princess Favorites" portion of the menu with a burger. I saw from your post that it is true. That is really cheap of them. We are taking this same cruise in February , so I will be following u on your journey. Have fun[emoji4]

It is not so much that they replaced the steak with a burger, more that when they introduced Curtis Stone specials that those wiped out most of the standard options on the "Favorites" menu. I think that met with a lot of resistance, so some of the old ones, like Salmon, have come back. The steak still is gone, however it was never a preference of mine. It always turned out tough. There are typically better beef options on the main menu.

Geocruiser and us missed winning trivia by one point!

After that I talked to the Photo Manager. He knew about the special $49 package price on the Royal, but said they were testing it on just the one ship. Apparently they are going to test various different packages (10-photo packages, for example) on different ships to see what gets the most traction. He also offered some insight into how photos will work on the Majestic: your photos will show up on your smartphone, and you can order them from your phone. There is no photo gallery.

After the Meet & Greet, Skyhawk904, GeoCruiser and us played trivia again. 16 right this time; winning team had 19. Our team name has become GeoBurger904.

Off to the MDR for lunch.

bf96ff80c55128965ec82adc68f92cc1.jpg

05d3b6f298b37b6f7d088111407ce79f.jpg

I guess more brunch, actually, since we both had Eggs Benny, with the addition of cheddar cheese.

3b84a01e58b0bd9c9eaa17235962ad54.jpg

A note on dinner last night: no more Parmesan baskets for the fettuccine alfredo, even when I asked the headwaiter. He said there is much less flexibility now; if it's not on the menu they won't make it. Princess: bring back the Parmesan basket!

This makes me sad! [emoji30]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro