Getaway Balcony

caribsun

Space is tight, but just ask your room steward. We had 3, but were never sitting on the balcony at the same time. At best we stood out there to view something specific, like our approach into port.

The ship has a lovely Waterfront area that offers lots of places to sit out and enjoy the sea.

I personally don't even see how they could fit 3 chairs on that balcony without it being too crowded. I agree that just got off the Getaway on Sunday and spent a lot of time out on the balcony. Had a friend who came to join us often and used the little metal table.

• 4 months later...

I'm searching for AFT info on the Getaway, and came across your post. What was your cabin number? Doubtful it's the same, but I'm 14876 and trying to get info I can rely on. I've seen various posts/pictures but nothing for 14876. Some of the AFTs I've seen only hold 2 chairs! I've been assured by Norwegian that we will have 2 loungers, 1 chair, and 1 table. Any help is appreciated.

My AFT balcony could fit 20 people no problem :)

Must admit that balcony was amazing

Hi

I think every AFT balcony will be big enough for loungers . Some balconies are bigger than others . Some like being low down away from the top deck where the music is loud and some like being high up to BE near the music .

Here is the decks in order of size - Largest to smallest; 9, 12, 11, 10, 14, 13

So you being on 14 will have the 2nd smallest aft balcony . If size is important then try and move to 9 or 12 . BUT the balcony on 14 will still be massive compared to the small ones on the side of the ship .

Oh and I was in 9318 . Great room .

Hope this info helps

I just switched from a midship balcony to an AFT balcony on Deck 13. The space on the balcony is not much bigger but it allows for room for a lounger chair and appears to be able to fit three of us on the balcony at the same time. That's really all I wanted. I hear aft cabins are largest on deck 12 and deck 9 (someone correct me if I'm wrong). I had to stay on Deck 13 due to having other members of my family on the same cruise. We wanted to stay on the same deck. We are in Cabin #13904. I was lucky enough to find a video of it on youtube.

Thank you for the information. The order of size is very helpful, more than Norwegian told me about. I might re-think my location and move to 9 or 12 if available. We are with a large group, and they are all on 14, but none have AFT so not close to them anyway. I liked the idea of being the floor below the café since I eat a lot of breakfasts on the balcony, guess I can always order room service when I'm feeling lazy! ;)

Hi

I think every AFT balcony will be big enough for loungers . Some balconies are bigger than others . Some like being low down away from the top deck where the music is loud and some like being high up to BE near the music .

Here is the decks in order of size - Largest to smallest; 9, 12, 11, 10, 14, 13

So you being on 14 will have the 2nd smallest aft balcony . If size is important then try and move to 9 or 12 . BUT the balcony on 14 will still be massive compared to the small ones on the side of the ship .

Oh and I was in 9318 . Great room .

Hope this info helps

Thanks for the response! I'm definitely thinking of seeing if I can move to floors 9 or 12 now :D

I just switched from a midship balcony to an AFT balcony on Deck 13. The space on the balcony is not much bigger but it allows for room for a lounger chair and appears to be able to fit three of us on the balcony at the same time. That's really all I wanted. I hear aft cabins are largest on deck 12 and deck 9 (someone correct me if I'm wrong). I had to stay on Deck 13 due to having other members of my family on the same cruise. We wanted to stay on the same deck. We are in Cabin #13904. I was lucky enough to find a video of it on youtube.

Well, now I'm super excited! I just moved to cabin 9318! And, you are right, Aft on 14th floor balcony is 95 square feet as opposed to 9th floor where they are 158 square feet. Cabin wise 9th floor is 1 square foot smaller....who cares about that! Thanks again for the information!!