Trying to Purchase A Haven Bathrobe

SLRoth

We were recently on the getaway in November and my parents who cruised with us in the Haven loved the Bathrobes. I meant to ask before we disembarked about purchasing one. I've checked the NCL website, but haven't been able to locate any for purchase. Does anyone have the link or know if these can be purchased? Thank you in advance.

Do they have to say "Haven"? If not, there have been posts here in the past giving info on the brand, so you can then google and find them. I know the exact info was posted a few years ago, but I referenced it not too long ago in a search.

• 2 years later...
1 hour ago, TesaCruiser said:

Thanks so much for your response.  I dug around online and just found it on Bocaterry.com.  It’s the microfiber bathrobe with plush lining. $79.00...Incase someone else is interested.

How do you know that these robes are really the *same* as in the Haven.

(I still remember those robes, and have wished I had bought two of them, although we didn't really need/want the "NCL Haven" promotional logo.  The feel of that inner lining/surface was wonderful :classic_smile:)

Merry Christmas!

GC

• Haha 1

Just off the DAWN in October - my traveling companion bought one for $85 - was quite a bundle - really

had to do some serious packing of the luggage to make it fit - planning on getting one - plan on leaving

some room in your luggage or carry-off (package about the size of a pillow) !

These are heavy lined and very warm.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, don't-use-real-name said:

Just off the DAWN in October - my traveling companion bought one for $85 - was quite a bundle - really

had to do some serious packing of the luggage to make it fit - planning on getting one - plan on leaving

some room in your luggage or carry-off (package about the size of a pillow) !

These are heavy lined and very warm.

Did Dawn add some sort of "Haven" area during the dry dock a while ago?
There wasn't one when we were on it a few years ago, and I don't know where it would be/could go.

We had a DOS, and although there were nice bathrobes, they were *nothing* like what we had later on the Pearl, in a Haven suite.

GC

1 hour ago, GeezerCouple said:

Did Dawn add some sort of "Haven" area during the dry dock a while ago?
There wasn't one when we were on it a few years ago, and I don't know where it would be/could go.

We had a DOS, and although there were nice bathrobes, they were *nothing* like what we had later on the Pearl, in a Haven suite.

GC

The DAWN and the STAR did not have a Haven - the best accommodations were the Garden Villas deck 14

Mid-ship right above Cagney's.

On deck 12 forward the Spinnaker Lounge was removed to make way for 28 suites (DOS Balcony and Family).

The DOS (4) were forward - bow suites over the Bridge and did not have a balcony.

There were 12 suites on each side aft of the bow and not all had balconies - The SJ Family Suites were the

best bang for the buck (lowest fare) on these ships.

XXX

The bathrobes in the Garden Villa were heavy weight material lined and were shoulder to ankle length.

Perfect for wear to and from hot tubs - but I did not notice any difference in the type of material - we were

in the 2BR suite the previous leg of a Boston Quebec B2B and did not use the robes. So I don't know if there

was a difference in types between suites or other cabins. I do know that it was a struggle to pack away that

robe in the luggage and that the Butler brought it to the stateroom within minutes of ordering it.

The robes had some degree of weight - I would guess about 5-6 pounds. The flight home the baggage was

just a tad over the 50 pound free weight limit but was overlooked - American Express card waiver.

Oh and the color of the robes was bright white and would guess that it would be a devil of time trying to keep

it that way - colors would have been a nice option if offered (not).

As for any differences in the bathrobes of the Havens on the -AWAY class ships can't answer that question. 

11 hours ago, GeezerCouple said:

How do you know that these robes are really the *same* as in the Haven.

(I still remember those robes, and have wished I had bought two of them, although we didn't really need/want the "NCL Haven" promotional logo.  The feel of that inner lining/surface was wonderful :classic_smile:)

Merry Christmas!

GC

I will soon find out when I purchase one for my daughter.  If I remember, I’ll come back to let you know if it’s the same.  Looks and described the same.  My daughter, she’s a tiny little thing, is always cold.  She’s lived in it all week. 😬

1 hour ago, don't-use-real-name said:

The DAWN and the STAR did not have a Haven - the best accommodations were the Garden Villas deck 14

Mid-ship right above Cagney's.

On deck 12 forward the Spinnaker Lounge was removed to make way for 28 suites (DOS Balcony and Family).

The DOS (4) were forward - bow suites over the Bridge and did not have a balcony.

There were 12 suites on each side aft of the bow and not all had balconies - The SJ Family Suites were the

best bang for the buck (lowest fare) on these ships.

XXX

The bathrobes in the Garden Villa were heavy weight material lined and were shoulder to ankle length.

Perfect for wear to and from hot tubs - but I did not notice any difference in the type of material - we were

in the 2BR suite the previous leg of a Boston Quebec B2B and did not use the robes. So I don't know if there

was a difference in types between suites or other cabins. I do know that it was a struggle to pack away that

robe in the luggage and that the Butler brought it to the stateroom within minutes of ordering it.

The robes had some degree of weight - I would guess about 5-6 pounds. The flight home the baggage was

just a tad over the 50 pound free weight limit but was overlooked - American Express card waiver.

Oh and the color of the robes was bright white and would guess that it would be a devil of time trying to keep

it that way - colors would have been a nice option if offered (not).

As for any differences in the bathrobes of the Havens on the -AWAY class ships can't answer that question. 

Still confused about your comments about Dawn bathrobes.

The original question - and ours - is about HAVEN bathrobes.

And not just "-away" category Haven;  any ship with a Haven.

The non-Haven "suite" bathrobes we've had on NCL are not the same as the Haven robes (or they weren't when we were on the ships).

GC

55 minutes ago, TesaCruiser said:

I will soon find out when I purchase one for my daughter.  If I remember, I’ll come back to let you know if it’s the same.  Looks and described the same.  My daughter, she’s a tiny little thing, is always cold.  She’s lived in it all week. 😬

We'd appreciate that, if you happen to remember!

And especially if they have that ultra-soft inside :classic_smile:

Thanks!

GC

7 minutes ago, GeezerCouple said:

Still confused about your comments about Dawn bathrobes.

The original question - and ours - is about HAVEN bathrobes.

And not just "-away" category Haven;  any ship with a Haven.

The non-Haven "suite" bathrobes we've had on NCL are not the same as the Haven robes (or they weren't when we were on the ships).

GC

You are confusing me with your confusing my confusing comments !

OK - the DAWN does not have Haven !

The Jewel class ships have a Haven

The -AWAY class ships have a Haven

I so stated that I can't answer that question !

Only thing that may be apparent is that the Haven bathrobes may be of better quality material and not the same

as in other cabins on the same ship or the NCL fleet for that matter.

Pending answers and buyer research from TesaCruiser

Now I am going to remove my bathrobe (EEK !) and take a cold shower to see what is still confusing here !