Question about ship internet

Reijo

If I purchase the internet package on board ship, what exactly will I be able to do without being charged by my carrier. Such as: can I send text messages, photos, can you facetime, Facebook, email? Just don't want to get hit with a huge bill after our cruise. When I asked these questions of the lady trying to "sell us" this package, she wasn't sure about this. Would appreciate your help.

If I purchase the internet package on board ship, what exactly will I be able to do without being charged by my carrier. Such as: can I send text messages, photos, can you facetime, Facebook, email? Just don't want to get hit with a huge bill after our cruise. When I asked these questions of the lady trying to "sell us" this package, she wasn't sure about this. Would appreciate your help.

You can do anything with the appropriate app. Apps work on the internet. So you can do all of those things with your internet package. :)

You are confusing cellular service with wifi, which is why the person selling wifi was confused with your question.

If you buy Voom, you should put your phone in airplane mode and turn on wifi. This will make sure you do not receive any charges from your cellphone provider.

If you put your phone in Airplane mode to disable cellular and just leave WiFi on, you will be able to FaceTime. If your phone supports WiFi calling, and again you put it in airplane mode, and just leave WiFi on you SHOULD be able to send and receive text's and calls without being charged. (I can only say that when I did this using T-Mobile I was not charged. I don't know your carrier or plan so I can't say for sure.) iMessages go through the internet, so again, on WiFi you won't be charged.

Yiu can answer your own question now. Put your phone in Airplane mode, turn on WiFi, and test all the functions you want to use onboard.