Obstructed balconies on Coral

New2cruise1483

I've searched and searched but I haven't come up with much because it appears the pictures have expired. How bad is the obstructed balconies on Coral Princess? I'm thinking of booking one for a Panama Canal cruise in 2018 to save some money, but I don't want it to be a waste and not be able o see anything. Or would I be better off going for one of the partially covered balconies on the Caribe deck as they appear to be larger? Thanks for any advice :)

I've searched and searched but I haven't come up with much because it appears the pictures have expired. How bad is the obstructed balconies on Coral Princess? I'm thinking of booking one for a Panama Canal cruise in 2018 to save some money, but I don't want it to be a waste and not be able o see anything. Or would I be better off going for one of the partially covered balconies on the Caribe deck as they appear to be larger? Thanks for any advice :)

What cabin are you talking about with an obstruction?

Cabins E208 and D206

Believe the obstructions are the structure of the ship which slants across the forward opening of the balcony. Thus the balcony view is not totally rectangular. You can see this if you go to the Princess web site and look at an exterior view of the Coral Princess.

thanx for posting that, the 2nd link shows balcony detail for each deck,

i'm waiting for a "B2" guarantee on Coral, first time booking a guarantee, how does the system work, will i be assigned a cabin? or given a choice of cabins/catagories? will i be offered an upsell? Or any of the above ?

Does Princess loyalty status come into play? Maybe they'll just give me a full suite :):):) thans for sharing any guarantee experiences .

i'm waiting for a "B2" guarantee on Coral, first time booking a guarantee, how does the system work, will i be assigned a cabin? or given a choice of cabins/catagories? will i be offered an upsell? Or any of the above ?

Does Princess loyalty status come into play? Maybe they'll just give me a full suite :):):) thanks for sharing any guarantee experiences .

Your cabin will be assigned by Princess. It will be at least Cat. B2, but could be higher. You have to keep watching the cruise personlizer to see if a cabin is assigned. Probably will not be assigned until closer to the cruise date.

You could be offered an upsell to a mini or even a full suite, you never know.

No, loyalty does not provide any benefit. In practice, cruisers new to Princess seem to be provided the best upgrades, I guess that is part of a marketing plan

Does Princess loyalty status come into play? Maybe they'll just give me a full suite :):):) thans for sharing any guarantee experiences .

Another note, you could be assigned a cabin anytime between now and a couple of days before the cruise. This drives some crazy because it takes away some of the control. I always say that if you have your eyes on a specific cabin/cat then best to book that cabin and don't do a GTY. If you don't think you will mind whatever they give you then no problem.

You will get a cabin at the cat you booked or higher. ;)

Here is a picture that is showing those 2 balcony cabins,

720412087_CoralE208--D06.jpg.3b92aa0d0aca2e8eb8f3c318dd216813.jpg

Theo

Edited by Renmar

Hey Theo,

I should have also added to my prior post that there really aren't any bad cabins on the Coral. IMO

I was waiting for you to mention my website as well ;) but you are (partly) right, there are no bad Balcony cabins on the Coral. I'm not so sure about the obstructed view cabins, they are pretty bad :(.

Theo

Thanks for the helpful replies and the websites. I'm thinking about shying away from the obstructed balconies as I think we would have trouble getting a good view as we're going through the locks. Even with the websites and you tube I'm still having trouble seeing just how obstructed our view would be and just don't want to take the chance.

Thanks for the helpful replies and the websites. I'm thinking about shying away from the obstructed balconies as I think we would have trouble getting a good view as we're going through the locks. Even with the websites and you tube I'm still having trouble seeing just how obstructed our view would be and just don't want to take the chance.

The best views are from the upper open decks where you can move around, get 360 degree views and clearly hear the narration. The views from the balcony are limited and the narration must be tuned in on the cabin's TV.