Ovation of the Seas arriving in Sydney now

Sounds like this is the new way of things now.

Just reading a review on the Carnival Vista which is their newest and bigger ship.

Poster said the following:

"Check in at port was fast. Room key now laced in your mailbox instead of at check in."

Great if it works well, a night mare if not.:D

Lolololol.............

I may be frowned upon:eek: ..... nothing new there :p but I can't for the life of me find anything to like about this ginormous floating hotel come theme park.

Can see however for families doing the local runs it's a wonderful way to holiday and keep the kids well occupied..... I have cruised on the Voyager and Mariner, no way near full, but the amount of people, full to capacity, on our November Explorer of the Seas cruise totally put me off the bigger ships, I hid in the Diamond Lounge for most of the cruise:D....on the Ovation I can't even do that... I believe it's not open 24/7....eeek... what is the world coming to...... :rolleyes:

Off to look for a traditional type cruise on a nice little ship like the Pacific Princess or the Astor :)

P&O is waiting for your custom then, they have the smaller older ships in spades.;)

Perhaps, but if that were followed there already wouldn't be any crime with all the cameras around.

Some dopes will still do the wrong thing regardless, but it is just so much easier to identify them...that's one of the reasons we take a "security " photo. :rolleyes:

Hmm, OK, so hypothetical for you - what do you do if you are a diamond or suite guest & there is already 200 people lined up because they just all happened to arrive at the same time?

Are we supposed to go to the front of that queue & show our set sail pass proving we should have priority boarding? This has happened before where they put people in a position of either not getting their priority boarding which they are entitled to, or seeming to be queue jumpers.

I'm all for the new system if it does actually work well, but in cases where an unexpected queue does form they should really have a system in place for priority boarding.

Does this mobile check in occur outside the terminal or at the top of the escalator, then after that I assume you go straight to customs if there is no card issue prior to boarding?

Do you have your photo taken by the mobile check in device etc etc?

Also, as someone else asked do they enforce boarding times for the passengers that don't qualify for priority boarding?

Just would like to know some of the finer details if possible.:)

Thanks! - So good having someone on the 'inside' aka a bonafide CIA operative to give us a heads up!!:D

Yes The "CIAs" will be outside the terminal in the covered area in front of the terminal entrance, as well as inside the terminal and also on level three (customs area) just in case someone "sneaks "through and also outside on level three where taxis will now be allowed to drop off. As I have said before, with the speed of the check in and the large number of CIAs operating even if "some" people ignore their appointed check in time there should not be any queues.

Thursday was the first time we have used the Next Gen system and there obviously will be "situations" that arise but there is a plan B for most scenarios but until they happen we should just enjoy the new experience and not get too concerned with the what ifs.(they may never happen):D

P&O is waiting for your custom then, they have the smaller older ships in spades.;)

There's P&O here :eek: and then there's P&O over there :D....the later being much more of a favourite ;) ....best of all PO UK have recently announced the beautiful little R class Adonia is returning to the fleet...best country club atmosphere at sea you will ever experience......happy days......:D

If you take the side view only it could be mistaken for a live sheep carrier.:D:eek:

Yes ..well there will be a lot of New Zealanders sailing on her so it's nice to make them feel at home :D:D:D:rolleyes:

Edited by gbenjo