Very odd thing...

enymarsh

Security is a joke, only good for sitting in chairs outside staterooms were someone smoked or had a joint.

At a recent watch sale.... $19.00 for everything, I observed a man with a pile of watch boxes up to his eyebrows, at least 20 or more as they were double stacked, not in a bag, walk away to an elevator. I happened upon a guard and told him what I saw and what elevator he got on. The guard just shrugged as I to say, "What do you want me to do?" Cameras everywhere? Who is watching the store???

His kids are probably the ones roaming the ship and pushing all the buttons.

OK, never mind. The use of the word "drugs" when speaking about a joint reflects a mindset that shows we will have to agree to disagree.

In that same situation where they had the pot but instead walked up and slapped an officer; I'd be going to jail in the Bahamas.

When you're on a ship your basically on a little floating piece of whatever country that ship is flagged in; unless it's in the territorial waters or maybe even the exclusive economic waters of another country.

If you commit a crime at sea, you've committed a crime in the flag state of the vessel. US law also extends to certain crimes committed by any US Citizen ANYWHERE in the world. For instance, some countries allow children under 18 to engage in consensual sexual activity with someone over the age of 18. If you go to that country and do that, you are subject to arrest by the US Government. If you commit piracy you're also subject to US arrest, same with various other crimes.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Forums mobile app

OK, never mind. The use of the word "drugs" when speaking about a joint reflects a mindset that shows we will have to agree to disagree.

Hmmm.... if I smoke a joint in the privacy of my home I'm still breaking the law and will most likely get fired after my next drug test at work. Not sure what else to call it. Illegal is illegal. Don't agree with it. Would be open to using it when it's legal nationwide, but certainly not going to jail in the Bahamas or getting fired over it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by sanger727

Times they are a changing, in the 80's there was lots of smoking on cruise ships, I remember hearing cruise director telling everybody to smoke or flush what is left before going thru customs. Also on my 1 Celebrity cruise about 6 years ago, I was really surprised that someone left a half of a joint in the sky suite we were in.

:eek::eek: OMG - Been there, done that. mid 70's, teenager, first cruise to Ocho Rios (need I say more).

(I even remember the drug sniffing dogs name was Lulu)