Princess Luggage Program

yancycruiser

I am thinking about using Princess Luggage Program on our cruise next month. Has anyone had any bad experience with this? Does anyone recall the cost of this program.

Thank you.

I'm attaching a copy of the form (the price is obsolete since it's from 2013 and some of the info may be also, but it gives you an idea) that is from Fort Lauderdale cruises and am adding some info that is current as of last year for Seattle cruises.

Tom

------------------------------------------

This program is only offered to guests flying from Seattle-Tacoma International Airport (SEA) with Southwest Airlines, Alaska Airlines, American Airlines, Delta Airlines (domestic flights only), JetBlue Airways, and United Airlines. For domestic and international flights, the first segment of the flight should be a participating airline and the connecting flight can be with a different airline as long as it's booked on the same record locator number on the reservation. Flight departure time must be after 11:00 am from Seattle on the same day of disembarkation and Southwest Airlines flights must not be later than 6:00 pm from Seattle on the same day of disembarkation.

Cost for the program is $25 per person plus the applicable airline baggage fee as shown below:

AIRLINE 1ST BAG 2ND BAG 3RD BAG

Alaska Airlines $25 $25 $75

American Airlines (AA) $25 $35 $150

Delta Airlines (DL) $25 $35 $150

Jet Blue Airways (B6) $25 $35 $100

United Airlines (UA) $25 $35 $150

Southwest (SW) No charge No charge $75

Benefits of this service:

1. You will be among the first off the ship with Priority Level Disembarkation from 07:30-08:00am.

2. Your airline boarding passes and luggage tags will be delivered to your stateroom the evening prior to disembarkation. Please be aware that depending on your departure time, it might be after 7:00PM.

3. You will not need to check-in with your airline at the airport. With your boarding pass, you may simply arrive at the airport and head straight to airport security.

4. Upon disembarkation you DO NOT need to claim your luggage on the pier and the next time you will see your luggage will be at your final airport luggage carousel.

5. No airline Overweight baggage fees if you participate on board!

---------------------------------------------------------------------

2091162364_EZcheckform(FortLauderdale).jpg.9487968be78cd0738fbc26e1b14fd96e.jpg

I am thinking about using Princess Luggage Program on our cruise next month. Has anyone had any bad experience with this? Does anyone recall the cost of this program.

Thank you.

Which luggage program?

EZCheck which gets your luggage from ship to airport and you do not nsee it until you reach home?

or

Luggage Valet where you ship your luggage a week in advance to the ship and ship it home at the end of the cruise arriving about a week later.

Which luggage program?

EZCheck which gets your luggage from ship to airport and you do not nsee it until you reach home?

or

Luggage Valet where you ship your luggage a week in advance to the ship and ship it home at the end of the cruise arriving about a week later.

That was my question. Huge difference between the two.

Thank you.

It was $20 but now $25 but it's well worth it.

I used just once last year and was wonderful. It cost me $25 plus $25 to the airline. I didn't see my luggage from the last night on the ship until it arrived at DFW. I am planning on using it for my cruise on Princess in January. I wish they had it from more ports and from airports to the ship.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does anyone know if this service is available from White Bay Terminal to Sydney airport for an Air New Zealand flight to Calgary, AB, Canada via Auckland, New Zealand and Vancouver, B.C., Canada?

I'd guess that a question about a route that convoluted might best be addressed by asking Princess directly! :eek: Good luck!:p

Tom

Does anyone know if this service is available from White Bay Terminal to Sydney airport for an Air New Zealand flight to Calgary, AB, Canada via Auckland, New Zealand and Vancouver, B.C., Canada?

I believe it is only offered at a couple of US airports and only for domestic flights.

Which luggage program?

or

Does anyone know the price and details of the luggage valet service?

BarbaraP,

According to what I have read, because I was thinking of using the service, there are only three companies contracted with various cruise lines, DHL and FedEx, Princess recommends Luggage Forward (you can look them up on Google). You must notify them at least one month in advance, FedEx and DHL, are a few days less, and pickup is at least one week before your cruise and arrival at your home is five days after you get home, although they have rates up to one day before your trip but charge for that service. Luggage Forward charges by destination shipped to and by the pound, I did a Dallas to Fort Lauderdale round trip and it was $239 with pickup five days before my cruise and delivery home five days after my cruise. There were fees added in for insuring the bag, etc. That is a ridiculous cost when the airline charges you $25 and you can tip a porter a few bucks and get your luggage to and from the ship. I decided I would rather spend that money on my cruise than on my luggage.

I believe it is only offered at a couple of US airports and only for domestic flights.

That's what I thought. I may still check directly with Princess though as this service would sure be great and worth the cost to be able to walk off the ship as soon as possible with just our carry-on. We are 10 minutes shy of the recommended 5 hours between disembarkation and flight time.:eek:

We have used Princess EZ-Check several times, the latest being last week. We paid $50.00 to the airline for two checked bags (this would be charged when you check in, anyway) and $25.00 to Princess. It was worth every penny! We walked off with our carry-on luggage and found our major checked luggage at the airport at home.

BarbaraP,

According to what I have read, because I was thinking of using the service, there are only three companies contracted with various cruise lines, DHL and FedEx, Princess recommends Luggage Forward (you can look them up on Google). You must notify them at least one month in advance, FedEx and DHL, are a few days less, and pickup is at least one week before your cruise and arrival at your home is five days after you get home, although they have rates up to one day before your trip but charge for that service. Luggage Forward charges by destination shipped to and by the pound, I did a Dallas to Fort Lauderdale round trip and it was $239 with pickup five days before my cruise and delivery home five days after my cruise. There were fees added in for insuring the bag, etc. That is a ridiculous cost when the airline charges you $25 and you can tip a porter a few bucks and get your luggage to and from the ship. I decided I would rather spend that money on my cruise than on my luggage.

Thanks firegal, this is the first time I will be traveling alone so I was trying to find easier ways. Agree to expensive for me!

Just so you are aware there can be problems with EZ check. It has happened to us twice.

The first time it was Princess's fault. The Customer Service desk lost our application and we didn't find out until around 9pm on disembarkation evening. But we got our luggage tags and our luggage was picked up.

The second time, for some reason, Southwest cancelled it. When we got the documents back we had only 2 luggage tags and upon contacting Customer Service were told the second reservation was rejected. We don't know why, probably a computer glitch. So we decided to use the 2 tags for our heaviest pieces and collect the lighter pieces. The next morning while disembarking we discovered our checked luggage while standing in the customs line with a porter - thank god we got him. We were told by the Princess rep that the entire reservation had been cancelled. Thank heaven we saw our bags! and had the porter. We were not charged.

That said, we always try to get EZ-check. We do think it is well worth the money. However I do stress until I have all the luggage tags in hand with our boarding passes.

One other thing to note is that your plane must depart on disembarkation day after 11:30 am and before midnight.

Edited by yoyosma

TLDR; I used it in 2012, hit a few snags, but would still do it again if the service was offered.

We used this back in '12, but a few things that stuck in my mind were that you may need a copy of your airline reservation itinerary (I paid the internet lounge fee, and now always pack 2-copies in my travel documents) and they incorrectly applied bag fees for both DW and I when I marked that we had frequent flyer status and bag fees are waived (by the time tickets were printed we'd also been upgraded to 1st with free bags).

When I tried to get help the Purser's desk referred me to Delta, and Delta referred me back to Princess. It was sorted out eventually, and it was Princess that had to issue the refund, not Delta.

The biggest issue is that you either need to get by with carry-on sized toiletries the final evening and departure morning or plan to check another (small & durable) bag at the airport after you disembark.