Family of 6 and a Family Ocean View Stateroom

My wife and I recently booked our 7th cruise. We have 4 kids ranging from 3 to 8 years old. We have never brought our children primarily because of cost. Having to book two staterooms, even insides means we pay full price for the first 4 and reduced only for 2. That gets expensive quick. I recently heard someone in a similar situation say they book a family ocean view? I went to price this out, but I don't see this category pop up anywhere.

My wife and I recently booked our 7th cruise. We have 4 kids ranging from 3 to 8 years old. We have never brought our children primarily because of cost. Having to book two staterooms, even insides means we pay full price for the first 4 and reduced only for 2. That gets expensive quick. I recently heard someone in a similar situation say they book a family ocean view? I went to price this out, but I don't see this category pop up anywhere.

cabins that hold more than 4 may ONLY be booked by using a TA or by calling directly, you cannot book these cabins on line.

very often, however, 2 cabins is still less expensive and you get that second bathroom, which can make or break the experience.

I think 2 connecting Promenade Cabins would be PERFECT for your family .

We where able to book a Family ocean view on Freedom some years go. It was a HUGE room. Now we only have 2 kids so a bit different then 4.

On Freedom there is a bunk room as in only space for the bunk beds and a small closet but the kids loved it.

If you have 6 people 2 in main bed 2 in bunks 2 on sofa bed. But with only 1 bathroom I agree with the other posters that a 2nd cabin might be a better option.

On Freedom these cabins are all the way forward facing out the front of the ship. It can be a walk but worth it for the space.

So can anyone tell me what I could expect in relation to the cost of the family oceanview? Let's just say there is a sailing where an inside is $450, an oceanview is $575, a balcony is $850 and JS is at $1100, where would the family oceanview fall in to that?

From the couple I've looked at, they fall around the balcony price or more, probably somewhere between that and the JS. BUT, I only look at cruises outside the times when kids would be free from school and that probably makes a huge difference. In fact, we are leaving next month on the IOS and #6200 OV Family is still open. It is running about $1000 for a 5-day cruise just to give you a ballpark.

A really good way to cruise with four kids is to reserve a balcony room and the inside room directly across if one parent doesn't mind sleeping in an inside to watch for the kids. You get the best of both worlds...a balcony for the family to hang out on (and the parents once everyone is in bed) and a nice quiet room for anyone who wants to nap mid-day.

So can anyone tell me what I could expect in relation to the cost of the family oceanview? Let's just say there is a sailing where an inside is $450, an oceanview is $575, a balcony is $850 and JS is at $1100, where would the family oceanview fall in to that?

It's really hard to predict where it will fall.

I don't recall the exact numbers for our upcoming cruise. I do know that we did save $650 booking a FOV compared to us in a balcony and our 3 kids in an inside.

Last year on IOS it was about $800 cheaper than a balcony and inside.