College student budgets... what to do in Port Canaveral?

Cinderellie

Our "on a tiny budget" college students ages 20-26 are wondering what to do in Port Canaveral, since the cost of doing Disney or Universal or Sea World for such a short a time is not in the budget. And they were bored to tears about Kennedy Space Center.

What would you recommend? We are there only one day off the Norwegian Gem in May from 1 to 9.

We are all from the Northeast. Kids are mostly adventure seekers, but not all.

I appreciate your ideas.

Happy holidays to all!

2 suggestions....

Cocoa beach

Or

You do what I do....either cover their costs...or split their costs for an excursion

I cruise with my college kids frequently and I give them each a "kick in number"

Fwiw I would probably pay for the beach shuttle but if they wanted Disney or universal it would be a 50/50 split

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We also did Cocoa Beach on our PC stop a few years ago on Grandeur. Depending on weather, you get beach, but also Ron Jon's for shopping, and we stopped at Sandpipers for lunch - great bar and food. We were there during football season, and they had just about every game on. I think cost was $10 pp for excursion through cruise line (RCI).

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

For reference I am 26.

Overall Port Canaveral/Cocoa is a pretty laid back (or as college students say, boring) area. That time of year the beaches would be beautiful. As others have said the Ron Jon area has good restaurants and some of the best public beach access.

This would require a car rental, but the Brevard Zoo is pretty great. Check out the kayaking tours to make a day of it.

Also one shout out for Kennedy Space Center, it's actually a lot more fun than it sounds.

there are several mini-golf places on A1A

as well as many Strip Clubs .....

which end of the spectrum are your non-athletes?

There are many kayak tours into the mangrove areas ..... but you must be able to get in to and out of the kayak without assistance .... this applies to the Brevard Zoo kayak tour as well .....

Edited by Capt_BJ