Cruise Critic and Princess

antsp

<snip>

I felt like writing them back and telling them that I already post frequently on Cruise Critic...And when they do things well, I will write about it...but when they miss the mark, I will write about that too...So, if they want positive posts on Cruise Critic, they don't have to email me...all they have to do is to improve their service, build better designed ships, retain food quality with better menu choices, etc. What they actually need to do is to read the reviews and posts that are ALREADY on Cruise Critic and strive to improve their product to satisfy the customers...NOT the other way around...

Quoted for TRUTH.

Grey

We received the email from Princess. They contend that they have "partnered" with cruise critic to make it "easier" for us to comment on our experiences. I am not sure what all that means really. It already is quite easy for us to post our opinions about a particular cruise on Princess or any other cruise line. So what is this new "easier" way? Princess says they have "partnered" with CC and for that what do we get? It sounded like a typical plea from a company to write good testimonials about them that others can read but it can also work the other way with horrible testimonials.

One thing I did learn on this thread is that CC is a part of TripAdvisor which we use a lot. In investigating we found out that Viator is also a part to TripAdvisor. You learn something new every day.

With our cruise only a few weeks away I've just had a email from Princess asking me sign up to Cruise Critic and share my experience

This is odd, considering that CC makes up far less than 10% of all cruisers. That small percentage can, however, be really vocal one way or the other.

We received the email from Princess. They contend that they have "partnered" with cruise critic to make it "easier" for us to comment on our experiences. I am not sure what all that means really. It already is quite easy for us to post our opinions about a particular cruise on Princess or any other cruise line. So what is this new "easier" way? Princess says they have "partnered" with CC and for that what do we get? It sounded like a typical plea from a company to write good testimonials about them that others can read but it can also work the other way with horrible testimonials.

One thing I did learn on this thread is that CC is a part of TripAdvisor which we use a lot. In investigating we found out that Viator is also a part to TripAdvisor. You learn something new every day.

Since Princess is partnering with CC, perhaps it will work like one of the hotel chains I am a rewards member of. After I stay, I get an email asking for the review. At the end of the review there is a option for me to post it on TripAdvisor. I think the same thing might be happening here, where there will be an option to post in the Member Ship Reviews with a click (as long as you are a member of CC). I do notice that good and bad reviews get posted and usually someone from the hotel (usually the manager) responds to the feedback. I would love it if someone actually responded to my feedback after I review a cruise, either here or through the emailed request.

Edited by drvalo

I got the email too, and what I'd rather see is Princess reaching out to its loyal cruisers to just ask their opinions on various aspects of cruising with Princess in general. I'd love to see them flooded with responses regarding their new (starting summer 2017) policy on pre-reserving shorex, MDR menu changes, etc. We still sail with Princess but we're starting to look at other lines.

Maybe this means they've assigned someone full time to monitor the reviews? That could be helpful.