New here with Questions

Sailing-tots

This is my first post here, so hopefully I get this right. We are looking into sailing from Galvestom on Freedom in Nov 2017. Our kids will be 4 years and 1 year 11 months. I am looking for info on balcony vs ocean suite. I know the younger one will need to nap, and would like to have a separate area we can sit in and watch tv or something while he sleeps. Also for baths, I'd prefer the room with a tub. I just don't know if the price difference is worth it. For those that sail with younger children what do you use and are you happy with it? Another question is babysitting. The kids club is 2 and up so are there any options for childcare for an hour or two for under 2 years? I saw the night owl for a fee, which is fine, but it doesn't start until 10pm and we are all snoring by then. Not a big deal if they don't have anything, just wanted to see if they do. Thanks!!

With a balcony, you can go out on the balcony while you child sleeps inside the room and the same is true for the ocean suite which is only 1 room. The only other thing you could do is somehow try to wedge the pack n play into the bathroom. (Yes I have heard of people doing this. I'm not recommending it, I'm just saying that people on here have reported doing that.:rolleyes:)

There are many other cruise lines which offer 2 bedroom suites including Royal Caribbean and NCL. Perhaps you should consider one of these lines instead.

It is true that these Ocean Suites are not truly "suites" with a separate room.

We like them now because they have real bathrooms and not tiny ones the size of a closet!

There is a sort of dressing room area with a vanity/mirror outside the bathroom that might fit a very small pack n play type of thing and it might fit into the bathroom. I don't think a normal size one would fit.

An inflatable tub (I think walmart has them) would work for the baby. Put it in the shower to fill. The four yr old should be ok with the hand held shower head. It is prob. too late, but even 2 inside cabins with connecting door would work well. You have to register 1 adult in each cabin because minors can't "purchase" a room. We cruise in inside cabins often. Sleep like a baby!

On the Dream the deluxe OV rooms have a bathtub, is that not true for Freedom?

When my kids were a year old, I showered with them so a bathtub wouldn't be necessary. Can you do something like that if your room doesn't have a tub?