Teppanyaki on Sun

vana

Hello,

cruising the Sunin March. Tryed. To reserved the japanese restaurant but it doesn't appear on the specialty restaurant list to be reserved and the NCL rep couldn't find it either, it still on the deck plan, and on the list of the restaurants on NCL website.

Any infos on that?

The Teppanyaki restaurant on the Sun is quite small so they don't allow pre-cruise reservations. They only have one table and it only holds 10-12 persons. You can go to Reservations desk after boarding next to Guest Services and make reservations there. You may want to do it within the first couple of days.

Edited by All-ready2cruise

It is almost certainly that it hasn't been opened for booking yet. That seems to be increasingly common in the ships with only one or two tables.

Just keep an eye out in case it does become available for booking. That never happened for us in a similar situation, but I can't say for sure that it won't.

Assuming it never becomes available (which is most likely) then, as stated above, book it as first job when you get onboard.

Just did the 17 day Norwegian Sun repositioning cruise to South America and I don't know if it had something to do with the number of days but Teppanyaki with two days notice was available for booking. I was surprised given the ship only has the one large table to sit at. When we dined there were only 5 of us. I think the restriction has to do with the number of tables, not that it's sold out. I didn't see it online either prior to my sailing!

Enjoy your cruise!

Cheers! :D

Just did the 17 day Norwegian Sun repositioning cruise to South America and I don't know if it had something to do with the number of days but Teppanyaki with two days notice was available for booking. I was surprised given the ship only has the one large table to sit at. When we dined there were only 5 of us. I think the restriction has to do with the number of tables, not that it's sold out. I didn't see it online either prior to my sailing!

Enjoy your cruise!

Cheers! :D

I beleive you're correct about the size of the table. The Sun and Star only have 1 table, each with 10 - 12 seats respectively. The Sun 7-day cruise we waited until we boarded and had no problem getting a reservation. On the Star 25-day cruise Sept./Oct 2015 (b2b) they posted it online for a few days then poof, gone.

Calling shore excursion desk got me no further for the Star cruise so thought we were out of luck. When we got on the ship, voila, lots of spaces available, "pick your night" is what we were advised. So we did, no problem.

Good luck OP hope you have a chance to enjoy dinner at Teppanyaki. It's a fun time for all and the food isn't too bad either.

Cheers,

Thank you all for your help.

Since we have 6 dinners with our package, I want to have a taste of them all and Teppanyaki was one of them. So I'll keep an eye on it since we call the 1st day reservation became available for us (90 days).

Have a great week

Be flexible in your dinning conquest - with two settings per night plan to book

it even if it pre-empts the best show on the ship.

While NCL does not have a standby listing keep checking back for the prime

time that suits your schedule.

I don't know the seating arrangement-capacity of the SUN - the STAR has

seating for 16 - two tables of 8 centered around the grill.

The DAWN had the same arrangement until the recent dry-dock and now has

seating for 32 adding 1 more 16 person grill setting.

Have a special event planned - Birthday Anniversary etc. or request for a

change in dining time or handicap assistance - Suggest strongly about visiting

the restaurant the night before during the dining time and discuss the arrangements

with the restaurant staff.

If the dining times are not suitable for your schedule but others are open -

take the one that is the most suitable and look to change or exchange it -

things can change as noted above keep checking back be there when that

happens !

YES if you have not done the Teppanyaki it is a must a most interesting

amusing dining experience !

Went back and found these pictures on the NCL site seating for the Teppanyaki

on the SUN STAR and the DAWN*:

Corrected seating:

Photo 1 is on Deck 13 - SUN is setting for 15

Photo 2 is on Deck 7 - STAR is setting for 12

Photo 3 is on Deck 7 - DAWN was setting for 20 *

*is now 40 additional 2nd section opened aft of orig 20 (after dry-dock renov no pix)

660727238_TEPSUN.jpg.9b5c3575c16632975c96a00cac220059.jpg

839574545_TEPSTAR.jpg.faab8e7d56e1f38882808135f98680af.jpg

4135225_TEPDAWN.jpg.00f84425f1b01fed9e20593fd212bd53.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
Went back and found these pictures on the NCL site seating for the Teppanyaki

on the SUN STAR and the DAWN*:

Corrected seating:

Photo 1 is on Deck 13 - SUN is setting for 15

Photo 2 is on Deck 7 - STAR is setting for 12

Photo 3 is on Deck 7 - DAWN was setting for 20 *

*is now 40 additional 2nd section opened aft of orig 20 (after dry-dock renov no pix)

The SPIRIT can be added to this list also. It only has one table, and from what I recall it only seats 10. Reservations were never opened prior to embarkation. We made ours the first afternoon on board.

Happy cruising!

The SPIRIT can be added to this list also. It only has one table, and from what I recall it only seats 10. Reservations were never opened prior to embarkation. We made ours the first afternoon on board.

Happy cruising!

Yes, we have just gone past the 90 day mark for the Spirit and as expected, no Teppenyaki bookings available.

We will book once onboard, as we did on the Star.

Edited by KeithJenner