taxi ocean drive ?

dpws

We are on a back to back cruise out of miami with the turnaround day on a Saturday, on the that day we would like to get a taxi to ocean drive and walk it up to lincoln road, from the port where should I get the taxi to drop us off, ie where does ocean drive get busy and touristy with things to see, how long will it take us to walk to lincoln road, many thanks

The only reason to see Ocean Drive is to see the Art Deco Architecture, walk by the old Versace Mansion, and see the beach. The bars and restaurants for the most part are tourist traps. But it certainly is a place to see with the great buildings.

I would say have the cab drop you off at 8th and Ocean. There you can walk North along Ocean Drive, and then head towards collins and make a left two blocks later at Lincoln Road.

I would have a cab drop me off at either News Cafe or Havana 1957 on Ocean Drive and have lunch. The people watching is awesome.

The Front Porch and Larios are the only other restaurants on Ocean Drive that will not scam you. All the other ones will.

Lincoln Road is also another place where it is better to park yourself and let the world walk by. LR is always very hot an humid because there is no ocean breeze. Again I like Havana 1957 (there are three in South Beach).