Royal Caribbean Shore Excursions Reviews

trev71

I remember my last cruise you were able to go on Royal Caribbean official website and log in to book an excursion and be able to read reviews from other guests who took excursions. Did they get rid of that I cant seem to find any

Thanks

Yes they have gotten rid of that feature which is too bad.

While it's possible to find some reviews on here (cruise critic), having specific reviews of specific excursions was really helpful. Guess they weren't helping the bottom line very much or maybe the excursion companies didn't like seeing the bad reviews that public (those that had bad reviews). It would be interesting to be a fly on the walls of the board rooms where they make those decisions (or maybe in this day and age email servers) :)

It's a shame they took them away I agree! I have gone to the ports of call boards and looked for them there and also the website that reviews trips with a little owl logo. I always make sure to do a good review and if I can a linked video review when I go on an excursion and post either here or there.

Yes they have gotten rid of that feature which is too bad.

While it's possible to find some reviews on here (cruise critic), having specific reviews of specific excursions was really helpful. Guess they weren't helping the bottom line very much or maybe the excursion companies didn't like seeing the bad reviews that public (those that had bad reviews). It would be interesting to be a fly on the walls of the board rooms where they make those decisions (or maybe in this day and age email servers) :)

They would not also want to publish bad reviews on the cruise itself. Not surprising in business.

That is too bad. I am pretty avid on Trip advisor, I always want future guests/customers to know my honest thoughts. Out of the 100's reviews I have ever written only 3 have been bad. I also learned you have to take some reviews with a grain of salt.

Ill just have to research my other excursions on here I guess

I noticed they took this away a few months ago. I agree it was very useful, but most activities you can still easily find reviews on Google with this website, TripAdvisor, yelp, etc

Reviews of the locations or activities but not actually reviews of RCI excursions which is what people may want. Just because an excursion is by A private company doesn't always mean that the tour is superior to one by RCI.

Funny though...RCI still has two buttons when you look at each excursion and

related excursion number. One button for reading reviews, and one for posting

a review. It simply takes you to a blank page that says "website not available

DNS server cannot be found"

Bummed out as well, since I always enjoyed reading those very helpful

reviews when trying to select an RCI hosted excursion. Makes me go to

the "other travel websites" and look more closely at independent excursions.

RCI shot themselves in the foot on this one.

Edited by island lady