Another disgruntled Viking passenger

Valley Girl of VA

No, it wasn't me because I sail AMA but I just read this in the travel advocate, Christopher Elliott's post today:

http://elliott.org/is-this-enough-compensation/can-anyone-guess-viking-river-cruise-case-ended/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+elliottorg+%28Elliott%29

Well maybe I spoke tooo soon, the whole Elbe mess is a different story entirely. No sailing or very little has taken place on the Elbe in the last couple seasons. And yet Viking continues to sell those trips and waits until the last minute (after passengers have left for Europe) that the boat won't sail and then crew tells them there boat has not sailed in weeks!

Insurance won't save this, research may have saved these people the disappointment of a non cruise.

Personally I think the whole Elbe disaster is fraud when the company knows the boat can't move and has not moved in weeks and they fail to provide this info. Even people who have "cancel for any reason" travel insurance are not told in time to meet the terms of the policy which in many cases requires 48 hrs.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The wife could manage an 8 hour transatlantic flight but was not able to tolerate a 2 hour bus ride?? Engine vibration on the 3rd deck?? Hmmmmmm

Considering the difference in vibration, visual movement on a bus, and other impacts, yes, someone that can fly, might have issues with busses. The issues with long flights is usually lack of mobility (back, circulation, etc issue), not motion issues. I know several people that have gone through chemo that have had a tendency for car sickness afterwards.

They did not that the ship was grounded, so not a normal circumstance for engine vibration. Surprised you did not mention about how they could have had a problem with diesel fumes from the stationary ship as well, or the dumpster view from the entire cruise.

We, too, took this cruise and it has become one of our favorite. I guess it's a chance you take and can't predict water levels. We received notice from Viking one week before our trip, alerting us to the fact the water levels may prevent us from making the trip, entirely, by one ship and to expect to be bused. However, the rain gods came and there was torrential rain one day, that allowed our ship to navigate the entire river--so it's the luck of the draw I guess, but what a wonderful trip.

The wife could manage an 8 hour transatlantic flight but was not able to tolerate a 2 hour bus ride?? Engine vibration on the 3rd deck?? Hmmmmmm

Perhaps, like me,she flies business class with the lay down flat seats that way your legs are elevated and a little more comfortable and the ability to sleep flat

Sent from my iPad using Forums