The Royal web page not working well with Chrome

jr1946

I have found that when I have a problem in Chrome, opening an private window (new incognito window) - [ Press Ctrl + Shift + N (Windows, Linux, and Chrome OS) or ⌘ + Shift + N (Mac)] seems to let me access the page.

Sometimes even that doesn't work, and I have to use a different browser, or delete cookies and temp files.

I use Chrome exclusively, and haven't had a problem like this.

However, when I do have any problem with a website, I clear cookies for that site:

Customize (three dots at top right of screen)

Settings

Show advanced settings (at bottom)

Privacy--->Content settings...

Cookies--->All cookies and site data...

Use the search bar at the top right to search for "royal" and clear the cookies needed

This isn't necessarily related to the OP, but there is definitely something strange about Royal's and Celebrity's sites. I have one laptop that I move between two offices and my home. One server refuses to connect me on either site - I get that vacation webpage. Some computer, without clearing my cookies, allows me on there with a different server. Using Chrome all times, but it's the same result with IE. Checked Carnival, NCL - can log on. So, I'm thinking there's something in the coding on the Royal websites that the one server just doesn't like - I'm not a tech person, but it is curious particularly as others have such issues with the site.

There is indeed a problem using Chrome (sometimes) on the Royal Caribbean website. I had a long discussion and confirmation from their tech folks, who stated it is a known problem and being worked on.

In the meantime, use MS Edge or Internet Explorer, and you'll find things work OK with those browsers at this time.

There is another related thread about this also.

I am another Chrome user, that has been having problems for weeks

with RCI website. Could access most of it, but could not book or check

pricing. Took me to a blank page. :mad:

I cleared cookies...no luck. Finally had to use Explorer to access,

but PIA and slower. :(

Then I went in and not only cleared cookies, but also cache, clicking

on "from the beginning". That finally cleared it up and I am back

to be able to use all parts of RCI website on Chrome. Though I did

have to go back in and reinstall many of my user names on various

sites I use.

I was having problems with Chrome and Mozilla. Uninstalled both and am back to Microsift Edge. Works just fine. For the longest time I thought my AdBlocker Plus was the issue, but no...it was the web browsers.

Yup...and that is just what the tech folks at RCI indicated.

Internet Explorer also works.

One common place Chrome blows up right now is within the Online Checkin process.

I have found that when I have a problem in Chrome, opening an private window (new incognito window) - [ Press Ctrl + Shift + N (Windows, Linux, and Chrome OS) or ⌘ + Shift + N (Mac)] seems to let me access the page.

Sometimes even that doesn't work, and I have to use a different browser, or delete cookies and temp files.

Thank you! I haven't been able to open the RCCL website from my Chromebook for the last 5-6 weeks, but this did it.

Thanks for the tip. this is working for now.