Princess coastal cruise

We are going on our first Princess cruise Bris-Syd - Sea Princess in a few weeks. When I completed my online paperwork it asked for our passports. I thought it was normally just a drivers licence. So will we need the passports at check in even though its in Australian waters?

Edited by cruisine21

We are going on our first Princess cruise Bris-Syd - Sea Princess in a few weeks. When I completed my online paperwork it asked for our passports. I thought it was normally just a drivers licence. So will we need the passports at check in even though its in Australian waters?

No.

Govt issued photo ID is fine.

I concur Mr Gut. We didn't even need passports for our World Cruise on Arcadia, from Sydney to Melbourne :D. Government issued photo ID did the trick.

Steve.

If you did a whole world cruise, I would have thought you would not be able to board without a passport. However, if you did a short segment of a WC (Sydney to Melbourne) then it was domestic and drivers' licenses would be sufficient ID.

Hi Aus Traveller and Merry Christmas. We have another "world cruise" coming up next year. Long one this time, Adelaide to Sydney! ;) What's amazing about this trip is the glossy booklet P&O sent us for our 6 day world cruise leg with details about shore trips and ships facilities etc.

Steve.

We're on the cruise too - our first time on princess also so we're really looking forward to it, even if it is only for three nights. We're travelling with kids so I'm using their passports as they don't really have any other photo ID.

I do find it amusing that Princess keep telling me to book shore excursions before they sell out! Not many shore excursion options for two sea days lol.

I assume there will be no duty free until the ship leaves Sydney for South America? At which point we will have disembarked - I am going to be so jealous of everyone staying on!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk