Ji Ji's asian kitchen kids menu (dinner)?

finzup-kt

I've searched CC, I've searched google, google images, and everywhere else I can search and either I'm doing something wrong, or there is no kids dinner menu for Ji Ji Asian kitchen? :confused:

I have found the regular menu, I have found that kids pay less $ per person, but what I haven't found are the options kids have to choose from.

Please put me out of my search misery and let me know if they do have a kids menu!

thank you! <3

I've searched CC, I've searched google, google images, and everywhere else I can search and either I'm doing something wrong, or there is no kids dinner menu for Ji Ji Asian kitchen? :confused:

I have found the regular menu, I have found that kids pay less $ per person, but what I haven't found are the options kids have to choose from.

Please put me out of my search misery and let me know if they do have a kids menu!

thank you! <3

Kids 11 and under $5. They do not have a separate menu. You may find this page helpful in understanding how the food is selected and served from a family perspective:

http://www.hijackedbytwins.com/2016/09/foodieseekerfriday-ji-ji-asian-kitchen.html

Hope you enjoy your Jiji's meal with your family.

curious though, why does the carnival site say that the kids must order off the kids menu? (of course they don't show a kids menu)

they show the following:

Adults: $15

Kids Menu Available (11 and under): $5

kids do not have to eat off the kids menu at any place onboard.

in the main dining room there is a kids menu-- anyone can order off it. They have the best banana splits. but kids can order off the regular menu too

Kids 11 and under $5. They do not have a separate menu. You may find this page helpful in understanding how the food is selected and served from a family perspective:

http://www.hijackedbytwins.com/2016/09/foodieseekerfriday-ji-ji-asian-kitchen.html

Hope you enjoy your Jiji's meal with your family.

thanks, I had seen that blog post and even commented (but it never posted.. awaiting moderator approval on the blog) asking about kids menu. From what she wrote I don't quite get what the deal is. They were told to order certain quantities of each menu item, and it looked like the kids only got to pick desserts?

the steakhouse has a separate kids menu so I had assumed Ji Ji would as well.

I'm specifically looking for a kids menu because I have a picky kid that wont eat what's on the regular menu :) I'm hoping she can get her "usual" fare..

I really want to try it, it looks great. I guess worst case I guess she won't eat and we'll head to lido for her after :)

kids do not have to eat off the kids menu at any place onboard.

in the main dining room there is a kids menu-- anyone can order off it. They have the best banana splits. but kids can order off the regular menu too

Not quite true, kids do have to order off the kids menu in places like the steakhouse, otherwise they pay the $35 instead of the kids rate. I had assumed ji ji was the same, seeing as kids pay less than adults, I was hoping there'd be a kids menu. Additionally, my daughter is picky and she won't eat anything on the regular ji ji menu anyway; so I was hoping there was a more "kid friendly" menu available.

I'll be on the boat in less than a month, I'll post my experience...

Thx

Edited by finzup-kt

thanks, I had seen that blog post and even commented (but it never posted.. awaiting moderator approval on the blog) asking about kids menu. From what she wrote I don't quite get what the deal is. They were told to order certain quantities of each menu item, and it looked like the kids only got to pick desserts?

the steakhouse has a separate kids menu so I had assumed Ji Ji would as well.

I'm specifically looking for a kids menu because I have a picky kid that wont eat what's on the regular menu :) I'm hoping she can get her "usual" fare..

I really want to try it, it looks great. I guess worst case I guess she won't eat and we'll head to lido for her after :)

I'd be willing to bet that even in the absence of a kid's menu, Jiji's staff would try their best to accommodate your child's preferences. I certainly hope it works out well for you. I look forward to your review when you get back from your cruise. I'm sure there are other parents here who could benefit from your experience.

I'd be willing to bet that even in the absence of a kid's menu, Jiji's staff would try their best to accommodate your child's preferences. I certainly hope it works out well for you. I look forward to your review when you get back from your cruise. I'm sure there are other parents here who could benefit from your experience.

thanks, I'll definitely post

Not quite true, kids do have to order off the kids menu in places like the steakhouse, otherwise they pay the $35 instead of the kids rate. I had assumed ji ji was the same, seeing as kids pay less than adults, I was hoping there'd be a kids menu. Additionally, my daughter is picky and she won't eat anything on the regular ji ji menu anyway; so I was hoping there was a more "kid friendly" menu available. I'll be on the boat in less than a month, I'll post my experience...

Thx

interesting. My grandaughter ate off the adult menu and was charged a kids price at the steak house.

but that was a few years back so things might have changed by now

thank you! <3

I'd love to help as we're sailing in 16 days and definitely going to JiJis. No kids but could ask about a menu. Unfortunately, looks like you'll be waiting in line to board as we debark:( We were planning on only doing the Hub $5 wifi option, but will be in ports with free wifi. Most likely going to JiJis Tuesday(San Juan) or Thursday (St Martin) depends on the MDR menu. So I might be able to free wifi to this thread if I find a kids menu or how it works if we go Tuesday and not do the ship wifi package. I'll try to let you know, if you don't get an answer here before.

There is a Q&A thread from a cruiser who just came back. Had children might or might not have gone to JiJis (looks like it was 2 teens). Check there. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2435440

Edited by crewsweeper

interesting. My grandaughter ate off the adult menu and was charged a kids price at the steak house.

but that was a few years back so things might have changed by now

I think it's recent:

Carnival recently announced that they will now be allowing kids to dine in their Fahrenheit 555 steakhouse for $10. For those of you wondering what the kids menu looks like, we’ve got you covered.

Starters

Mac ‘n Cheese – cherry tomato, chervil

Shrimp Cocktail – cocktail sauce, lemon

Entrées

Beef Sliders – parmesan fries, ketchup

4 oz Filet Mignon – mashed potato, broccoli, cherry tomato, green peas

Fish ‘n Chips – batter fried, veggies, tartar sauce

Chicken Fingers – crumbled fried, veggies, ketchup

Dessert

Banana Split – vanilla, strawberry, chocolate, cream

Chocolate & Nutella Pizza – white chocolate, raspberry, vanilla ice cream

I'd love to help as we're sailing in 16 days and definitely going to JiJis. No kids but could ask about a menu. Unfortunately, looks like you'll be waiting in line to board as we debark:( We were planning on only doing the Hub $5 wifi option, but will be in ports with free wifi. Most likely going to JiJis Tuesday(San Juan) or Thursday (St Martin) depends on the MDR menu. So I might be able to free wifi to this thread if I find a kids menu or how it works if we go Tuesday and not do the ship wifi package. I'll try to let you know, if you don't get an answer here before.

Thank you for thinking of doing this , so nice of you . please don't worry a minute of your vacation about posting here, i'll find out soon enough !

Will they give an entree for the child or they only get to pick a dessert?

according to this blog post http://www.hijackedbytwins.com/2016/09/foodieseekerfriday-ji-ji-asian-kitchen.html

"We were told that we could order 3 appetisers, 3 entrees, 3 side dishes and 5 desserts"

and going by the pictures, they are a family of 5.

so it seems like the "kids" option is really just additional desserts?

idk i can't see how that makes sense though. Carnival's own website says specifically there's a kids menu.

it's a mystery!

We're just off the Vista and ate at JiJis a couple of times. I can't recall a kids menu. The items are served family style and they only charge $5 for children and if you are staying in family harbor children are free. If your child is picky (like mine) I think we may have grabbed a pizza or something from the buffet and brought it in and they didn't charge for him. It's all right there (jijis and the cucina del capitano restaurant's are above the buffet). They are also located aft where the pizza place is too. The staff is super nice and the food is delicious. I highly recommend both places. The Italian restaurant did have a kids menu.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

JiJi's isn't really a kid-type eatery; chopsticks, etc. it's an adult friendly menu with service in a particular oriental manner. Little kids just won't appreciate the whole overall experience. 99% of the ship is kid friendly and welcoming. Why subject kids to an evening of being stuck somewhere they don't want to be? and why subject us grumpy old farts to kids being stuck somewhere they don't want to be? (I know, I know - can't help it.)

JiJi's isn't really a kid-type eatery; chopsticks, etc. it's an adult friendly menu with service in a particular oriental manner. Little kids just won't appreciate the whole overall experience. 99% of the ship is kid friendly and welcoming. Why subject kids to an evening of being stuck somewhere they don't want to be? and why subject us grumpy old farts to kids being stuck somewhere they don't want to be? (I know, I know - can't help it.)

1. I never said my kid wouldn't want to be there

2. Carnival advertises a kids menu and I searched everywhere and couldn't find it so I figured some here may know about it.

3. Just because my child is a picky eater does not mean that she will be "stuck somewhere she doesn't want to be" and bothering you.

4. if you don't want to be "subject" to my children, perhaps take a different cruise line. It's a family cruise line.

5. Carnival obviously wants my kids in their restaurants as free kids dining (off the mysterious kids menu) is actually a perk i'm getting for booking FH.

(I know, I know, but I can't help it either).

Edited by finzup-kt

On my cruise on the Vista we went to Ji Jis with 8 kids aged 7-13. There is no kids menu. We stayed in family harbor so kids ate free from adult menu. Because we were a large party the asked us to sit the 8 kids at one table and 9 adults at the other. They asked one adult to pick 4 apps 4 sides and 4 main dishes for them to eat family style. And they each chose a dessert so 8 desserts. All from main menu.

We ordered the same for our table only more than 4 choices.

Edited by Fourkids4us