As of today......RCI drink price increase!!!!!!!

TC38

We just got off the Adventure of the Seas New Years sailing. My DH had bought the drink pkg ahead of time. I was upset to see the reports of price increases, but can definitely say, that price is not consistent across the board. Our drink prices were NOT increased. Old prices. DH ordered everything and it was included. He rarely asked the price, but I assumed we would be told if there was additional cost. There never was. Kim Crawford wine was included (under 12, but can't remember exact price), Absolut and Grey Goose vodka, Tanqueray 10 gin, Pyrat and Bacardi rum, Makers Mark bourbon, plenty of wines. I saw the bloody Mary's were $12.

No, the break even is usually 5+ drinks per person.

idk, I mean, those bar prices are pretty high - lets assume you want premium cocktails at the 12.00 range. With 18 percent, that brings the drink to $14.16 each. If you prepay, depends on the rate, but I think I paid 44.00 a day so I'll use that number. That brings the break even point to 3.16 drinks per day. That number is lower if you factor in bottled water/soda/coffee/juice. So definitely could be worth it, really just depends on the individual of course. I think that number is pretty easy to hit, and I just prefer to not have a bar bill at the end of my vacation! :)

It's a pdf. Open it- it consists of 2 pages. It has many drinks listed but NOT Captain Morgan.

I was not able to find Captain Morgan when we sailed on Anthem last May. A very nice bartender suggested I try Bacardi Oakheart instead. It is very, very similar to Captain & Coke... or whatever other drink you'd want to put Captain Morgan in! In fact, I have grown to like it better than Captain and have we have purchased bottles of it at home since that cruise instead of Captain Morgan!

So... if your husband is not able to find some Captain Morgan that might be a suitable alternative for him! Best of luck and happy cruising! :D

Whelp, might as well throw my 2 cents in... Here's the problem I have with the drink price increases, they were all done after final payment date for the cruise we are currently booked on. Now I'm pretty sure if I had a Credit Card offer, Gift Card, or Future Cruise Credit and wanted to have it applied after the final payment date, I'd be told "No way", but Royal can seemingly change to rules for us after final payment at will.

Take a ship the size of Allure, say 1/2 of the 6000 people onboard get the premium drink package and they each order one higher priced drink, at an average of $2.00 more per drink, per day for 7 days. That's $6000 extra a day, x 7 days = Royal pockets an extra $42,000.

We were on Brilliance over Thanksgiving and Kim C. was $9 per glass. If RCL has increased the price 78%, that is OUTRAGEOUS!! Price-gouging doesn't begin to describe that! Misprint,maybe? Please??

Really? It went up to $12 from $9 on most ships last year, according to the menus I've seen. Then a couple of weeks ago it was up to $17 on some shis.

I am pretty sure the description of the Drinks package on the cruise planner previously had reference to the $12 limit but now it does not. Here is what it says now

"Toast to virtually unlimited options on your vacation – wake up with premium coffee, tea, and fresh-squeezed juices, then keep cool onboard with non-alcoholic drinks and bottled still and sparkling water. Relax and unwind with premium and frozen cocktails, domestic and imported beers and a wide selection of wines by the glass.* Plus, enjoy a discount of 40% off bottles of wine under $100 and 20% off bottles above $100 in bars and dining rooms.

Price shown is per person, per day.

*All Beverage Packages exclude any beverages served inside licensed Starbucks® stores."

Im not sure what this means, it could be to do with the differences across the fleet or the fact they are changing it

I was planning NOT to upgrade my select package and stick to wine and beer. Does anyone have any 'live' information on what the price increases mean for this 'old' package. Has the price limit per glass increased in line. I am beginning to worry that there will be little if any wines available under the terms of the package.

I am pretty sure the description of the Drinks package on the cruise planner previously had reference to the $12 limit but now it does not. Here is what it says now

"Toast to virtually unlimited options on your vacation – wake up with premium coffee, tea, and fresh-squeezed juices, then keep cool onboard with non-alcoholic drinks and bottled still and sparkling water. Relax and unwind with premium and frozen cocktails, domestic and imported beers and a wide selection of wines by the glass.* Plus, enjoy a discount of 40% off bottles of wine under $100 and 20% off bottles above $100 in bars and dining rooms.

Price shown is per person, per day.

*All Beverage Packages exclude any beverages served inside licensed Starbucks® stores."

Im not sure what this means, it could be to do with the differences across the fleet or the fact they are changing it

I just went into the cruise planner for our upcoming cruise. You are correct in what you posted. However, if you then click on the link that says..."Compare Our Beverage Packages"... you will see that there is still a reference to the $12.00 limit in the Deluxe Package description. If I had not clicked on that "compare" link I was able to get all the way to purchasing the package and seeing no reference to a limit.

RCI better be very careful. If they removed any reference to a limit on that first page that is labeled overview and people buy thinking that everything on the ship will be covered there are going to be big complaints when people find out that there is a surcharge on high priced drinks.

Edited by Ocean Boy

Hi all

Sorry but just joined cruise critic today and really could do with some advice. We booked last year to go on Indy and had a classic package... beer wine and soda, does anybody know how much extra it is to now go onto their deluxe drinks package. You can only do this on ship but I just would like to know how much extra per person per day it will be. Obviously 15 night cruise it may cost a fortune. Please help

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi all

Sorry but just joined cruise critic today and really could do with some advice. We booked last year to go on Indy and had a classic package... beer wine and soda, does anybody know how much extra it is to now go onto their deluxe drinks package. You can only do this on ship but I just would like to know how much extra per person per day it will be. Obviously 15 night cruise it may cost a fortune. Please help

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

Royal has stated that they will allow onboard upgrades from the old Select package to the current Deluxe package for $10 per day, plus 18%.

I just got off the Independence. You can have most mixed drinks included in the package. Wine is a joke. 3 chardonnay's are under 12 crap wines. Conundrum wine is 17 a glass totally outrageous Carnival is better with wines. At the schooner bar I had a cosmo and it was included, an hour later I ordered one with grey goose and there was a 2.67 charge on my account for upcharge to ultimate cosmo, I went to guess services and they removed it. The bartender should have disclosed an upcharge. check your account daily because they are ripping off the customers big time.

I just got off the Independence. You can have most mixed drinks included in the package. Wine is a joke. 3 chardonnay's are under 12 crap wines. Conundrum wine is 17 a glass totally outrageous Carnival is better with wines. At the schooner bar I had a cosmo and it was included, an hour later I ordered one with grey goose and there was a 2.67 charge on my account for upcharge to ultimate cosmo, I went to guess services and they removed it. The bartender should have disclosed an upcharge. check your account daily because they are ripping off the customers big time.

Cancelled A NCL cruise because of the shady beverage package stunts they pull, not happy to see there pulling that crap on the Indy when we sail on her in 2 weeks. Thanks for the heads up.

I was planning NOT to upgrade my select package and stick to wine and beer. Does anyone have any 'live' information on what the price increases mean for this 'old' package. Has the price limit per glass increased in line.

They likely kept the $8 limit of the Select package, so any drink above that you pay the diff+grats.

Just on Allure for the 10 day holiday cruise to be welcomed by the comforting embrace of a 2 dollar charge for a Gin Fizz from the Pub bar........!!!!!!!! Apparently, a Deluxe Package doesn't stack any more for a Gin and sugary condiments. Seriously.....apparently RCI have decided on new menu's and new prices as of today.......JUST outside of the deluxe payment band....oh and don't get me started on the Kim Crawford Sauvignon Blanc that is now $17 a pop. Happy Christmas one and all.....

Prices must vary from ship to ship as it was $14 USD and included in the package on the Ovation. I suppose it is easier to get here in Australia and NZ being a NZ wine, so that may explain the price difference.

I might have to try some Kim Crawford Sauv Blanc, seems to be a popular drink here haha :D

The funny thing is, here in NZ where it's made, it's one of those wines that are down the lower end of the price range if ya get what I mean: NZ$10 / US$7 a bottle from the supermarket.

The funny thing is, here in NZ where it's made, it's one of those wines that are down the lower end of the price range if ya get what I mean: NZ$10 / US$7 a bottle from the supermarket.

Very popular here, $12-$17 a bottle in Michigan. I am a big fan of the NZ Sauvignon Blanc as opposed to the California. You guys are doing something right with those grapes down there!;)