Lesser Known Things to Do on Sea Days

Jane2357

We are 99 days out from our 15 night Panama Canal cruise - our longest cruise yet. With 7 Sea days :eek: - I'm looking for some things to do that we have not done before. We live in FL and have our own pool - so not a big draw to us.

We are in a suite and have heard that there are special activities occasionally in Michael's but I'm guessing those are in the evening - anyone know of any day time activities?

I may sign us up for a Behind the Scenes Tour - haven't done that yet. Do they still offer the Chef's Table and is that only for dinner?

Can you give me some ideas of the lesser known things to do on Sea Days? Thank you.

I have the ship's daily itinerary schedules for our seven days at sea on my recent westbound Transatlantic cruise on the Silhouette in our review on our website www.thepreisman's.com. That should give you a good idea of what is available for your sea days.

Edited by MVPinBoynton

We were on a TA a few years ago and the 7 consecutive sea days went too fast for us. Since we both still work, it was wonderfully relaxing - we slept in late (9 is late for us), took our time with tea at Café al Bacio, read on our balcony or on deck, sometimes just had gelato for lunch due to the late breakfast and to save room for dinner. We actually had minimal plans so we could be spontaneous and enjoy onboard activities and music in the smaller venues.

We were in a suite and had a party one afternoon for people from our roll call who were all going on a private tour at our first port (that I had arranged). The butler produced an amazing spread and we provided some wine. It was a lot of fun and a great way to meet the people you are going to spend a day with soon.

We clicked with a few couples on our roll call prior to the cruise and planned a wine tasting in one couple's suite. We each brought wine from our area or a favorite and the Michael's Club concierge comped us a couple of bottles. The MC concierge made up fancy invitations that were sent to our cabins. The butler set up a wonderful mix of hot and cold appetizers and every size of wine glasses. It was a wonderful event that we are repeating in a few weeks when we all will cruise together again.

Of course, there were the usual roll call events, such as the connections party, cabin crawl and slot pull.

My husband did the Behind the Scenes tour and absolutely loved it. Back then the SS's were not included in Michael's, but now the concierge should arrange some similar experiences at no cost. The music events, teas and other events in there are also enjoyable.

So much to do and so little time - can't wait!! 28 days....

I agree that there are so many things to do that you run out of time before you run out of choices. Some of the things that come to mind from our 15 night Panama Canal cruise are the Battle of the sexes events, the egg drop, trivia, evenings listening to Jordan Peterson perform in Michael's Club (when it was still available for everyone to enjoy) bingo, sushi making lessons, attending various lectures and so much more. I am sure you will find something to interest you every day.

Sent from my SM-G530W using Tapatalk

I have the ship's daily itinerary schedules for our seven days at sea on my recent westbound Transatlantic cruise on the Silhouette in our review on our website www.thepreisman's.com. That should give you a good idea of what is available for your sea days.

Thank you for posting the Dailies. We will be crossing the Pacific in April and wad interested in activities in sea days. Hopefully our cruise will also offer lots of activities.

We were in a suite and had a party one afternoon for people from our roll call who were all going on a private tour at our first port (that I had arranged). The butler produced an amazing spread and we provided some wine. It was a lot of fun and a great way to meet the people you are going to spend a day with soon.

I LOVE the idea of a party for those on a private tour - of which I have organized one. :D This is awesome and a great idea to meet those joining us as we have a very long tour scheduled for Colon together. Thank you for that suggestion!

Our roll call has been quiet for the most part with nobody stepping up and planning the usual slot pulls or cabin crawl - which is fine. I may STILL be trying to finish up the massive "The Path Between The Seas" - lol. :cool:

I enjoyed the Beer Zodiac excursion on my recent Reflection cruise. It is on the second sea day coming back to Miami from Labadee - and is by invite only - and just for men.

A large Zodiac with the selected passengers is lowered off the port aft side and is attached to a line about 1/3 mile long. There is a large supply of beer (Stella on this excursion) and you just relax while being pulled along at 15 knots, drinking beer and general comradarie.

After 90 minutes, a winch pulls the Zodiac back to the ship and you get on board. Yes, life vests are worn.

Ask the Captain Club hostess for an invite.

Excellent!

Edited by Sandtrap328